Happy Holidays! What quilty thing do you have to get done?

Hope everyone had a GREAT Thanksgiving. Now it's

time for the Xmas rush. What do you have to get done??

I have:

1 twin custom for my granddaughter. Just the quilting left to do on that one.

1 throw size start to finish for my step-son. Just a panto quilting.

2 satin quilted jackets, start to finish, for a customer. Easy pattern. One custom quilted, the other an all over.

3 appliqued table runners that I would like to get done by next week.

Do-able!

DGDs coming for the weekend. (age 4 and 8) They will be getting their 1st quilting on the long arm. We're gonna make fleece blankies for their American Girl dolls. Should be fun.

Have a great weekend all!

For the first time in my life, I am not making Christmas presents. In fact, I only have to pick up one more thing for a stocking and wait for the mailman to deliver the rest of the goodies and I am finished. I have candy to make, but other than that, I am ready. It is a really weird feeling. Of course, I have a month to change my mind and start making gifts.

The Christmas shopping is finished and all the present are wrapped. I decided at the last minute to make a Christmas quilt to match the ornaments on the tree ..... found fabric in my stash and piecing the top today .... will quilt it this weekend. Think I will make a tree skirt to match.

Cookies I will make in a couple of weeks.

Happy Holidays to all!!:):)

post--13461905084589_thumb.jpg

1. A customer quilt that should be done and off the frame by mid-week.

2. A full-size custom for my great niece - we're making some last-minute adjustments since they decided to get her a full-size bed instead of a twin (and now we have to figure out how to make the twin size bigger, but it's all working out)

3. A "hug" quilt for a quilting friend that I'd like to have done and sent before Christmas

4. And if all that's successfully completed, a Christmas quilt for me.

Rebecca, I love your fabric - it's going to make a beautiful quilt!

Hi Ladies! :) Well, I am finishing up MY VERY OWN UFOs that have been lying around. I don't have any customer quilts waiting in line... I might get a few trickling in (last minute) but I don't expect much. I am having fun doing my own things for a change.

I have this next week off work for vacation, and DH will be out of town so I plan on piecing and quilting. One project I want to get done (start to finish) this week is to piece a quilt for a friend that took care of my two German Shedders for nearly three weeks. I was gonna pay her $$ but she asked if I would make her a quilt instead of money. I was flattered, actually. So... I will be going through my stash of batiks and make her something from greens, golds, reds, purples and a few bright blues for sparkle. I'm thinking log cabin. She lives in a log house. :)

I'm not planning on making any gifts. I have a top coming from my DIL for her brother but other than that notta! I took the day to myself today to embroider and it was nothing but frustrating! I took it to the shop in Aug. I think and this was the first I had to try out the embroidery module and it is still messed up. I have always loved my Viking but I can't say I'm fond of the Diamond at all and I'm just sick because it wasn't cheap. I'm going to try to take a drive up to the dealer tomorrow but not sure that will do me much good. I'm going to go down and stitch another sample for her. Grrrr That also means I won't be able to piece either.

No presents to make, just have to go shopping!!! I bought two big christmas stockings to practice on, so hope to get them done in time, they will be for my grandsons. I do have an old quilt top on that my Mother made years ago, so when I went thru her things I found it and took it apart, (it was just tied) She hated the batting in it so thought that the first thing I quilt would be that. Maybe next week I can post my first picture of my first LA quilt. What a great Christmas this will be.

I'm not making presents this year, either. The last few years I went crazy making things. I decided this year I would take a break.

I delivered my last customer quilt this afternoon. I turned down a lady last week who asked me to do a custom quilt for her, but because I thought I had a tee shirt quilt to do from start to finish and another tee shirt to just quilt for a friend, I turned her down. The lady wanting the tee shirt quilt made has been in and out of the hospital and has cancelled numerous appointments. At this point, I don't imagine we will be getting together until January, as she was scheduled for more surgery today. This is just for her, not for a Christmas gift. My other customer was going to piece the tee shirt quilt for one of her customers and asked me to quilt it for her. However, this lady hasn't started the quilt yet, and doesn't think she will get it done in tome for me to quilt it for Chrsitmas. She plans to tell her customer to take it unquilted and give it back after the holidays to be quilted.

Even thopugh I would like a few pantographs, or edge to edge quilts for the pay, I'm almost glad to have some time off to do my own projects. Business seems slow just now, but maybe it will pick up in January, although I seem to remember hearing January was usually a slow month for people.

So are you all real busy quilting customer quilts for Christmas? Or, slow now, too?

Peggy .... the pink is a Hoffman California "Willow" 2008 McKenna Ryan print which I fussy cut, there is a lot of brown in the fabric which I cut out. The white fabric is Moda "Fruit Cake" Basic grey.

I'm going to the quilt shop tomorrow, I know they still have some on a bolt, 15% off. Let me know if you would like me to buy some and how much yardage. email me.

Ok, all you who are ready for Christmas already are just, just, um... sick! I haven't even made a list of who I need gifts for, let alone anything else! However it isn't even December yet, so I am NOT in panic mode. I will get everything I need to get done done, I always do. Still, 6 customer quilts to do as well as my own preparations.

I have two more November quilts and then four December quilts to finish for customers. And a tapestry to quilt for my BIL. Remember early last year when we saw the pretty quilted tapestries? I had my son and my BIL pick out one each from "The Trippy Store" online-- great name, huh?

My son's was finished and gifted in June. The DBIL will go on the frame after the customer quilts are finished. I stop quilting on the 15th--very firm about that since the first year I was in business I actually was quilting on the 24th. Never again.

Nothing homemade this year except cookies and fudge.

No list made out.

No decorations hung.

Ah well, another holiday season is upon us!:)

I am with Linda and Ardelle, no christmas decorations up yet, 4 more christmas quilts and one special one to do for a friend who is are you ready for this.....going to include it in her new book out this fall....(that is all I can say) but a not the best time of year to do this but a great opportunity none the less....I think I will try to do some on line shopping this year but had better do it soon! I need to make out my list......I still feel like I am just recovering from Thanksgiving!

I have a King size qilt to quilt for my sister. A king size that is still in the piecing stage for my MIL. 3 table runners. and 2 charity quilts that are just going to have an all over on them. My DH decorated the outside of our house yesterday. I will do the inside next weekend. Shopping - oh boy, not much of that to do since everyone wanted something quilty.

Well I started my next project and let me just vent by saying that it is the rufflyest, puffiest (polyester batting too) quilt I have ever attempted - what a challenge....I am calling it my sow's ear quilt, but I am loosing hope that it will turn out to be a silk purse....lets just say it is a learning experience....learning how to tame ruffles, quilt with really thick batting and learn to say no to one of these next time....:)

Two customer quilts, a raffle quilt I made for a fundraiser for a local musical arts group, and hopefully a Christmas quilt for myself with blocks that should be coming back any day from a Christmas star swap I did with the MQP group. Hope they all come back the same size!

And baking tons of cookies for the cookie exchange so I can get lots of different ones back!

At the beginning of Nov, a gal (non quilter) brought me one tshirt quilt - 25 T's, she wanted 3 done by Christmas. She had cut and put the stablizer on, however 15 were 12 1/2" sq and the last 10 were 12" sq. I had to sq every one up... I sashed, pieced and quilted, AND bound it! When we met for her to bring me the next one(s) she said the 2nd one is 30 t's and the 3rd one was 36 t's. So, in 3 weeks or less, I squared up, sashed, pieced, quilted and bound 3 tshirt quilts! AND YESSSSS! I charged for all of it... anything I do prior to loading the quilt is at $20/hr. I gave her a little discount for bringing me 3, and she was pleased as punch with them!!! I have a pic of the first one I'll attach.

Here 's what else I am doing for the holidays:

10 little backpacks - lots of little great nieces, nephews, grandbabies...

4-5 quilted nurse purses (I rhymed)

1 baby quilt

my new quilted jacket

And I'm going to LA t be with my grandboyz... can't wait to see them!

Here's the 1st shirt quilt:

post--13461905086224_thumb.jpg

Rebecca, I can't wait to see your Christmas quilt done!

I just had Thanksgiving with my son in Chicago - we had a great time! His dad (my 1st ex) came to - we've remained friends - after all we have two great men we are parents to! I call him Mr. Fussy... He sure fills up a room! (both literally and figuratively) It's all about him! And when things don't go his way, he really does get all hot and fussy! LOL!!! My son has a great way with him so it's not too bad.

We walked all over Chicago, to the "L" downtown to the KrisKindle event, saw some protesters, went to the top of the highest church in the world, shopped, ate at incredible restaurants, and watched plenty of movies... A good time was had by all!

Hope yours was great too!

Nice t-shirt quilt, Bobbette! Beautiful material and block, Rebecca!

Two (possibly 3) more customer quilts coming this week and 3 to finish up and get out the door.

Christmas lap throw to finish putting the borders on and quilt to put on the back of my couch unless someone buys it before then.

This morning I decided to make custom pillow cases for the relatives that are getting gifts from me and let that be the wrapping with a pretty ribbon tie of course (I hope whatever I get them fits in the pillow case). That idea started with my niece wanting ANYTHING sock monkey (I know I won't duplicate what anyone else gets her with sock monkey on it). I made personalized stockings a few years ago for the ones I give gifts with the idea of getting them back and filling them every year, but noone wanted to give them back!

No decorating yet, barely started shopping, but hey, we just had our last Thanksgiving late dinner yesterday. I've got time. ;)

Archived