longin2quilt

Hi all,

I'm about to become a longarm quilter. Bonnie Botts delivered Miss Milli last week. Currently, she has taken residence at my son's house until I get moved the middle of this month. This is probably a good thing as she would be all rusted from the drool if she were here with me. I'm looking forward to Bonnie's return trip to set up Miss Milli so I can get started. In the interim, I'll be reading the forum posts and storing info till I can actually do hands on.

Marian

Welcome to the forum, marian, you will find lots of help and support here! While you're waiting, get some practice fabric and wadding ready, and get a good book on longarming to help you understand all the new vocabulary related to LA's .( Ie Linda Taylor's 'the Ultimate Guide to Longarm Machine quilting ', or Carol A Thelen's book about Longarming. They are both good books.

But you're probably too busy packing to do much else just yet.! Hope your move goes smoothly and you are able to get millie set up quick smart!

Shelley

I'm sorry Marian, that I wasn't on yesterday to greet you properly. And just waiting for your call to say you are ready to put it all back together. It was so nice to meet both you and Libby on our little mad dash to PA.

My only advise right now is to echo the others...get your house all back together first and then I will come...because once its operational, you won't want to put your house together and boxes won't get unloaded.:P:P:P Your new adventure is habit forming and once the bug bites, dinners may not be made, cold cereal does become a norm here when I don't have to cook.:cool: See you soon.

Archived