another royal cross help please!!! with picture of my quilting !!

I have another royal cross to quilt and would like to do something different than a panto, I can't really do fantastic feathers yet, but willing to try because it is mine,

I have rulers to do curved cross hatching etc.

Please help

here is a picture of what I did the first time.

post--13461905321041_thumb.jpg

What a pretty quilt and nice work. If yours shows the melon shape as distinctly as this one does, I would select a design for all the melons (maybe even feathers, you would get plenty of practice!). Then another design for the portion between the melons that would also allow you to travel to the next one without it being noticeable. The 4-patch in the center could be cc, and cc in the on point triangles, then a design to fill the rest of the center that moves into the next circle center.

Laughing with you Sylvia, as I don't do hand piecing -- absolutely hate it. I do love the scrappy look and effective use of value, though. I think I will try it by machine when I get around to it, which means it could be a long time coming. John Flynn also has acrylic templates for a 10 inch block. This pattern is supposed to be 12 inches finished.

I say get away from behind your machine ...and practice from the front since it's your own quilt!

Have you tried Myrna's feathers? They are the easiest in my opinion! No Bump Bump!

Go ahead! Do those feather's in the melons and use your CH rulers in the Cross! Do you have the curved CH rulers? That would be soooo pretty!

Get that dry erase board and draw a melon, and draw those feathers on there first, then head to your machine to quilt your quilt!

I'm a newbie, and I can draw feathers all day long on the dry erase board, but once I get on the longarm, my brain goes dead on changing directions, so they look really pretty on one side and totally wonky on the other:) Oh, well, practice, practice as they say. Good thing I have a lot of UFO's to practice on huh?

Really like your design you ended up with though. way to think "outside the box" as they say.

Archived