I'm Home!

Guest Linda S

Kenna - you are in my prayers also. Having been through a couple of horrific surgeries myself, I can relate to your situation. I was fortunate that I had insurance and sick leave to get me though the financial part of it, but recovery takes quite a while. Blessings to you in this time. May your spirits rise with the coming of spring.

Kenna,

Our prayers for you. This is a tough time for you. We know this personally as I know of two people that have gone through the same medical issues. Then the finances on top as well - I echo the rest- be sure to ask for help - United Way, Social Workers and disability.

Keep your chin up and let our prayers lift you up!!

Kenna, my prayers are going up for you. Ask the nurse who tends your wound daily to send in the social worker for a home visit. I was a home health nurse in my past life and I know they have social workers who make home visits. Let her help you with referrals for financial assist in your community. I pray God's peace and healing power for both body and spirit fill you completely and comfort and heal you.((((((((hugs))))))

Kenna... do seek help.. and if they put you off for SSI, try to find a lawyer that is experienced in dealing with Social Security.. often, others wait 4 or 5 years.. two at the very least.. I find it sickening.

Many prayers go up for you, and those helping you.. that they stay strong, you stand stronger, and you heal well and quickly.

God Bless, Hugs,

Thanks for all the good advise and prayers! I'm feeling better every day. Dismissal day at the rehab was really bad and it took me a few days after I got home to begin feeling right again. I have a great wound care nurse with home health, and have contacted my GP to get with the Home Health company to give me some help with the colostomy bag, and embarrassingly enough, a fungal rash that I developed right before I left the hospital fpr the rehab. Much of this I really can't see to deal with well, and am concerned with infection because of my suppressed immune system. Having the nurse help would be a load off! She'll be able to train me better in care of the colostomy irritation issues. Cheri, please U2U me the info on the Maalox!

Loving you all!

Kenna

Glad to hear you are home & getting better every day. You are still in my thoughts & prayers. Listen to all this good advice. Don't be afraid to ask for help/support. You, and we, have been paying into these systems so it is there for us when we need it.

Also, don't worry about being gloomy on this chat forum. We are your friends and if you can't share with us who can you share with? What happens on the APQS Forum, stays on the forum! Who needs Vegas!

Archived