NQR kindda- elastic question, help

i want to make a 'pretty' cover for my big ironing board. i currently have a natural canvas cover and, well, it's nasty! i use my ironing board as a 'desk' when customers come and i'd like to make a pretty removable cover to hide my iron's spit stains :P

okay the question- the perimter of the underside is 159 inches...i want a snug, not tight, fit..what length do i cut my elastic for the casing???

i laugh at myself- i can put a zipper in anything, but this elastic thing confuses me :)

When elastic was put in waistbands we were to measure the waist and then cut the elastic about one or two inches shorter.

I would run the elastic through a casing and then I would be able to pull it tighter if needed and knot off the extra and tuck it inside the base of the cover. It would be easy to change if it stretched out too much also.

For your 159 inches I would probably cut it somewhere around 150 inches and see how that worked. DISCLAIMER: NO MATH HAS BEEN ENDANGERED IN THIS FIGURING--IT WAS NEVER USED!

I would use a skinny elastic too, it stretches farther and isn't so hard to fight with to put in and pull tight.

Archived