NQR Photos of the Blizzaster - recent snow storm

A friend just sent this link to me. Interesting pictures of the recent snow storm(s), being termed the Blizzaster of 2011. Mostly not surprising to me since I'm from Minnesota, but I do find those of the waves and ice crashing the shoreline quite amazing.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/the-40-most-amazing-pictures-of-the-blizzaster-of?s=mobile

Well, I'm making the most of enjoying the blue skies & white snow. This is a ski town - everyone in town is much happier when we have a good ski season. As long as we don't get ice I can wait til spring.

Not sure about my 2 cats tho'. They definitely have cabin fever and have taken to shredding newspaper & cardboard boxes when they can find them! They keep asking to go out but immediately turn around and come in in disgust that it's still too cold to be out!

Got up to 20F today, dropping again now & back down to -10F tonight. Thank heavens I finished my new bed quilt with the wool batting!

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

YEP, that's what it was like ! Our daughter and family live in Skokie - just north of downtown Chicago. They had 20" and no place to put it. What mess.

This just amazes me. I grew up in central Illinois, went to school in Chicago. Big snowstorms were the norm, and we dealt with it. I can remember driving through tunnels of snow to get home on more than one occasion! I know there has not been that much snowfall in recent years, but it seems like that's not something you'd forget how to deal with! ;)

I have several questions about these pictures....

1. The poor dogs in this blizzard.... What are they doing outside. I would have to teach mine to use a litter box. They look nearly frozen. I notice there are no small dogs in the pics. I guess they get lost in the snow! I also see why so many people have cats (litter box).

2. Where are all the people who left their cars? How did they get to a place of warmth?

3. How in mercy name will they ever get back to their vehicles?

4. How do businesses keep their doors open? I guess it would help to live above your business!

Archived