Our Northern Girl has been BUSY!

Vicki asked me to post these for her. This is her description:

This is a quilt I just finished. I embroidered, pieced and quilted. There is 90 hours of enjoyment making this quilt. It is going to be auctioned off at the fund raiser being held in November for our local Hospital ( for specialized equipment)

Finished size is 84" by 92"

Circle Lord Swirls worked wonderfully, used invisible thread on the top, and essential thread on the back.

thanks for looking

Vicki

Northern Girl

post--13461905639059_thumb.jpg

Guest Linda S

Oh WOW! That is just stunning! The embroidery is wonderful on this quilt and the spirals are a great choice not to compete with it. Simply lovely. I hope you raise lots and lots of dollars. How does one buy a ticket?

Originally posted by marycontrary

Oh my, that is so beautiful. Where did you get the pattern? I would love to make one of those for someone special.

Thank you all!!, and a special thanks to Shana for posting, can't seem to get my pics small enough to post.

Mary, the embroidery patterns are on embroiderylibrary.com, and are called The Christmas Story.

The quilt is machine embroidered, each of the 18 blocks took 3.5 hrs to embroider, and each of the 4 corners 2.5 hrs. Quilt finished at 84" by 92". Sorry, there are no tickets for sale, it will be auctioned off at a live auction during the night. The local hospital has a fund raiser every November, and this years theme is "The Gift of Christmas" so when I saw this embroidery package, I hoped it would work, I am very pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks you all for looking

Vicki

Archived