BRAKE-ing news

I'll do my best.. not familiar with the newly built computer.. it was bad..

Will post one from the top, one from the bottom, one from the side, and one other, I think..

LOL :P

ROFLMHO... I think this isn't it, but it does show the pin with two needle holes in the head, and the needle I sewed it with... Needle is not bent, no snag, hook, snarl, etc.

Meanwhile will keep trying the brake system..

post--1346190569336_thumb.jpg

Question - is the screw mechanism underneath the brake the same? That's the bit I cannot work out on the current brakes. It has a little allen screw that is supposed to adjust tightness, but my allen keys don't do anything! So I took off that part of the set up which means every now and again, I have to adjust ( tighten) the screw underneath by hand. Just want to know if its worth replacing or not, or whether I'd have the same issue. The rubber shelf liner is a good idea!

Shelley...I have to say that I keep an Allen key handy to retighten as necessary....you can advance the quilt with the break on but my question is why would you want to...is there a reason?

Forgot to mention...I have this small box of screw driver accessories which I bought at a discount store here in the UK (Lidl) which has just the right head for the break...works really well....

Best Wishes

Originally posted by shelleywa

Question - is the screw mechanism underneath the brake the same?

i am assuming you mean the new brake-

it is NOT like the old brake. a hex headed screw goes all the way thru the new brake and it screws into the handle. so to tighten it, you just stick in the allen wrench, hold, and turn the blue handle to tighten/loosen....MUCH easier to adjust than the old brake!

i have it adjusted so when i push the handle all the way down it is super tight to not allow the rollers to move- at all...when i quilt, i keep it snug to hold, but the roller is still adjustable by hand...i never engage the brake at all when advancing with my motorized feed....i'm scared it would strip my motor (and they aren't cheap :) )

picture is worth a 1000 words....

post--13461905695916_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Linda S

I ordered my brake a week ago Thursday, and it arrived the following Monday! I've been down with the plague, but am recovered enough today to quilt. Off to install my new brake! I'm so excited. :)

Archived