Where do You Buy Wide Muslin?

I've been looking online for a decent quality muslin to buy by the bolt. I'd like to have both white and natural available for customers. But so much of it is terribly thin and more than I want to pay for poor quality. For those of you who use it, what type do you use, where do you buy it, and can you buy wholesale?

Thanks for any help you can give!

I got a bolt from United Notions. It's Moda, it's ok; not great. 60 x 60 thread count.

Now, Hancock's of Paducah sells a 200 count muslin that I LOVE!! It's by Robert Kaufman and comes 108" wide, white and natural; but $4.49/HALF yard!

Also a Moda 200 count, 110" wide, also white and natural; $5.409 Half yard.

I see you can get the 200 thread count from United Notions too. You have to buy a whole bolt.

Go to unitednotions.com and on the upper right side of your screen, click here for Wholesale Info. You do not have to set up an account, just have to spend $250. minimum.

Ok, I think I've said enuff!! Sorry!

I like Dharma Trading Co's Economy Muslin. It is 80x86. It is usually available in either natural or bleached at 108". I notice that they are out of stock right at the moment. I love it for hand dying, and it quilts beautifully. 5.43/yard for a full bolt last time I bought it.

I just bought some very nice wide Muslin at JoAnns yesterday. $11.99 a yd---but, I used a 50% off coupon that I received via email (sign up for email ads from JoAanns)---I can't remember the brand. I just went along feeling and looking at the different muslins until I came to the one that looked good!. :)

Archived