NQR- What's the right temperature to bake Tupperware?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh but such a great thing to laugh at! :P:P:P:P I'm sure that was absolutely no fun to clean up! I was drying a crocheted angel in the oven one year when my then teenage son decided he wanted to make some baked fries. Well you guessed. He turned that oven on and I started smelling something burning. Yup the angel was a nice dark shade of black! I think he was more upset about burning up the Christmas Angel than I was. It wasn't near as messy to clean up though!

Dawn,,,

I am trying to figure out how or why tupperware would ever be placed in the OVEN? Seriously who & why? I would let it cool & have them "pick" it off for the clean up!

Reminds me stuff room mates did in college to hide the dirty dishes in an instant when parents came over! :P

We wont even go there about the fridge or toliet!

Hopefully those things at work are good to go!:)

I think Tony is the culprit because the pieces look like (or at least they DID look like) his wife's yummy bars. Or maybe Heidi, not sure.

I have both the front and back doors to the office open and a huge fan blowing the smell out the back door, Sylvia! I scraped nearly all the goo off as it was just at the "melty" stage and not boiling...but as soon as it hit the cooler air of the room it solidified right back up again! It looked like rubber icicles clinging to the racks. PEE-UUU. I'm being careful not to breathe the toxins:)

Well Dawn, believe me, your co-worker is not the first person to do this. Those large Fix and Mix bowls take up a lot of room on the kitchen counter and fit in the oven very nicely. My ex-husband took my oven racks down to his shop and ground the stuff off. After two destroyed bowls, I started storing them in the microwave. No pre-heating required. What can I say, I was really young and dumb! Try the grinder, it does work.

Oh no! :o:D:o Dawn, I did this (once at Thanksgiving) when I wanted to keep my mashed potatoes warm. I had them in metal bowl but the lid was plastic. Guess what happened to my plastic lid? LOL :P It melted into a blob of goo on top of my taters!

How in the world did you scrape off the goo from the oven floor?

You are all too funny:)

You know how office kitchens are supplied, don't you? Paper plates, paper napkins, plastic spoons, etc. I dug around in the deepest, darkest depths of the drawers, crawled around in the cupboards, found two "real" teaspoons and commenced to scooping and scraping. Needless to say they are now very creatively "sculpted" around the handle base and tip from all that pushing and shoving. The oven floor doesn't look too bad now, but I'm liking the idea of sand-blasting or grinding the grates!

Archived