Pantograph Resource

Guest Linda S

I posted this under stitching and pantographs, but thought more of you might see it here:

I'd like to let you all know that there is a new resource for seeing how different pantographs quilt up. It has been developed by a couple of talented quilters from the Longarm Chat group. This may be helpful to you, but it will also be helpful to your customers in seeing what their quilt might look like with a certain design.

You can view the photos here:

http://community.webshots.com/user/longarmpanto

Linda

What a temptress you are! Shame on you for posting that site! I am really wanting many of those pantograps now ;0

Right now my panto selection is pretty poor but then again I do not get alot of requests for them. Guess I should get some more and post photos of something made with them on my site so my customers can see.

I love the camelia's one!

The Pattern Station has 84 pages with 8 pantographs per page. It is my favorite pantograph resource. You can enlarge each one to see details and if you order so much, the shipping is free. You usually receive them in just a couple of days. You can search by designer or name of pantograph or by using a key word. I highly recommend this site.

Well, you are all welcome! The real thanks should go to Debi Tallerico and Penny Bubar -- two very talented quilters I know from Longarmchat.com. They took the initiative to get the Webshots account, contact the designers, and gather photos from quilters who have done quilts using the designs. My hat is off to them for a job well done!

Linda

Linda, your angel wing pictures are beautiful.....I keep reading, reading, reading and can't wait to order my LA Millie. :) My sewing cottage is slowly coming together, but between traveling from one end of the country to the other, my DH husband is having a hard time finding time to get it done on schedule. I still plan on ordering my LA at the end of November, beginning of December...!

Mariah

Georgia, Where Fall weather is finally starting!

You can also order many of these patterns at http://www.longarmsupplies.com . Quite a few of the patterns show pictures of actual quilts with that pattern on them. On the Beginners Pack page, 11 of the 13 patterns have pictures.

Linda Lang is the NEW OWNER of LongarmSupplies.com

Patterns on the Clearance page are 40% off and a Sale page is coming with patterns at 25% off.

Guest Linda S

Another note on the pantograph webshots page. If you have pictures of your quilting and would like to contribute to the resource, you may email pictures to Debi@koolkwilts.com Credit on the site is given only to the pantograph designer and not to the person who quilted the quilt.

Linda

Hi Leslie,

The most important thing when taking pictures of quilts is to turn OFF the flash. You need the shadowing and the flash washes that out. I adjust the blinds, or light source to get the look I want and then take the picture. If you're using a digital camera, of course you see the results right away.

The software you use to "fix" your pictures is very important too. I have several in my computer, as it seems each one has their own special features, but the one I use most is free! It's Picasa2 by Google. It is SO user friendly, and you can instantly change your pictures to show more shadowing, or to add fill light to a dark picture.

You can also e-mail pictures right from Picasa2. Just go to "Tools" and then "Options". Click the "E-Mail" tab and you can tell the program what size you want the pictures sent. You also specify which e-mail program you want to use; Netscape, G-Mail etc.

This is a REALLY great program and I hope you all check it out. I've turned many bad pictures into great ones with a few clicks of the mouse. Another great thing about this program is that it saves your original pictures and you can re-edit them if you want to crop to a different size, or turn the picture into B&W etc.

I give it 2 thumbs UP! :)

Guest Linda S

Copyright is always an issue when using someone else's designs. Most pantographs will have their copyright printed directly on them. For this site, permissions have been obtained or asked for from the designers. It is the hope of the women who started the webshots resource to let you all see what these wonderful designs look like, and to bring more business to the people who do all the great designing.

Linda

Archived