Disappearing 4 Patch

Here's one that I quilted recently. It's all freehand.

I did Nichole Webb's hook and kiss in the body of the quilt.

The border is funny. I saw a quilt hanging in the Bathroom at Three Dudes fabric store in Phoenix. I didn't have a camera with me, so I dragged my friend into this bathroom to take pictures of the coolest border. It was funky leaves or feathers. Not quite like mine, but definitely my inspiration! Thanks Three Dudes:P

Oh, the thread is an awesome color. It's a Rainbow that blended beautifully with the border fabric and the body of the quilt. I don't really like working with Rainbow though, it's touchy. Had to keep adjusting the tension, top and bobbin.

Thanks for looking!

post--13461906020601_thumb.jpg

Love that pattern ! "Disappearing 4 patch" is new to me. I'll have to look for it. I am working on a "Disappearing 9 patch" which is fun.

I'm not keen on Rainbow thread either. It's pretty and has nice varigation, but too touchy. I only have a couple cones and won't buy any more. I do like varigated threads that blend with a lot of colors.

I've never seen a Disappearing 9 patch made with a sashing like that. How did you do it?

I love Nichole Webb's DVD. I would love to be able to quilt those designs as effortlessly as she does. It looks like you have got the hang of it. Congratulations. You did a wonderful job!!!

Originally posted by VIVIANMABLE

Love that pattern ! "Disappearing 4 patch" is new to me. I'll have to look for it. I am working on a "Disappearing 9 patch" which is fun.

I'm not keen on Rainbow thread either. It's pretty and has nice varigation, but too touchy. I only have a couple cones and won't buy any more. I do like varigated threads that blend with a lot of colors.

It's a fun pattern to make. It wasn't my original design, but after searching and not finding a pattern, I created one that is sold at Stitch N Time in Jackson. Phone 888 565 5634 or fax 307 734 6950. I think it's $8 plus shipping.

Originally posted by LibbyG

I love the entire quilt. In the border did you use a method for marking the spine?

You know, this is the first time I stitched a spine without marking it first. At the time I was stitching, I thought I'd not do that again. But after it was done I really liked it.

I did mark lines from the outer edge and next seam, to help place the feathers with enough room to echo.

Archived