I spent some money today

I went to Sacramento and checked out the Koala cabinets today. I ordered the Quilt Pro Plus IV and the Storage Center Plus IV with all the little extras (dropleaf, shelving, etc. for both). Whew! My credit card whimpered a little I think. As soon as I make a decision on the flooring it will go in. I've ordered the plantation shutters. And I talked to the cabinet maker today regarding the plans for my cutting table. Now I have to get busy and empty out that room. I'm headed to bed to have sweet dreams of those cabinets.

OMA, you are going to love, love the cabinets. I went to the Mid-Atlantic Show in February and was impressed by the Koala cabinets. I already had the Horn Quilt something cabinet and the Horn cabinet for the Brother 6 or 10 needle embroidery machine. They are laminate over some kind of wood, probably pressed. Anyway, the Horn cabinets are good but a lot of money for what you get. Now back to Koala, I bought their Embroidery Plus IV for my other 10 needle Brother, a Cubby (love the electric lift!!!!) for my Quattro (Bernina 820 is in the Horn) and the roll about with corner top. I got mine in white ash. Well they were delivered Thursday (yes, it took around 8 weeks) and they are beautiful solid wood, well worth the price. Great customer service. They came put together and the delivery guys unpacked the pieces and put together odds and ends. Oma, great decision on the Koalas. I'm loving mine and smile everytime I sit down to sew!!!!!!

Today I called the electrician to discuss what kind of lights I can put in there (can or track) and I want to check on a big screen tv this week. I want a BIG one...like 47" or so. I feel so....I don't even know the word for it, but I like it.:D

Originally posted by oma

Today I called the electrician to discuss what kind of lights I can put in there (can or track) and I want to check on a big screen tv this week. I want a BIG one...like 47" or so. I feel so....I don't even know the word for it, but I like it.:D

hahahaha I feel just like you and I didn't even get a fantastic studio set up! LOL I'm so happy for you.

Thanks Caren, and I will post pics. It's so exciting. The room is such a disaster right now because I don't have it emptied out yet. None of this is actually going on a credit card...it's my debit card. It would really scare me to think of making payments on it.:o I was very fortunate a few years back and I have a yearly sum of money that I get. After I put away a portion of it for next years taxes I usually spend the rest on the family in one way or another or on the house like last year when we put in all new wood floors, but this year I just said I wanted a new sewing room. I'm happy to have friends to make the journey with me.:)

Guest Linda S

Oooo! Sounds like you're going to have a dream sewing studio! You'll have to share pics when it's all finished - or while it's in process, for that matter.

Archived