MQS - My quilt #2

• 1 year later...

Holy cow! I went to town today and when I returned home and logged into the forum I found this old thread had been resurected!

This quilt was easy to construct and also easy to quilt using a variety of Circle Lord templates. (Listed in my original post if anyone wants to know the templates used.) It is hanging in our front entry and I still enjoy looking at it and it provides additional inspiration for quilting.

Thank you again for the nice comments; you are all so encouraging!

Carmen,

My jaw drops every time I look at your quilts! Both are amazing! I'm new to a longarm, though I've quilted for years on my DM. I thought it would be the opposite, but my imagination went out the door when Millie walked in. There are so many options to consider now that I don't know where to begin. It's been a few months and I still don't feel ready to make one of my many finished quilt tops a "practice quilt" so it's s been yardage and lines.

A question regarding your use of CL. Did you use the push-button system from the front on these quilts?

Amazing quilting!

Heidi, I have a Millie and the CL up front system and did all of the quilting from the front. I do have the push button but have not had time to use it. There has been too much of life cutting into my quilting time the past few months.

When I started quilting I practiced on muslin and was afraid to load one of my ~real~ quilts. One day I decided it was time to start doing real quilting and loaded the top that was the least important to me. All of the colors and shapes of the quilt pieces don't compare to plain fabric and you have a sense of really quilting. If you don't want to start with one of your quilt tops then piece a small and simple 9 patch that you can donate to a shelter. I quilted a lot of baby quilts for the guild when I started quilting and it is a good way to PPP.

There are a lot of wonderful quilts shown on the forum that provide inspiration and you can do a Google search to find more. Look at quilting magazines and books; you can probably find some at the library. Each quilt that you do will give you a little more confidence and improve your skills. Relax and enjoy your Millie!

Carmen, Just seeing your quilts inspires me. Use Circle Lord products a lot myself and look to see what you have done as you are so creative. Keep posting those wonderful quilts. Gives me the courage to try using my Circle Lord products in different ways.

Thanks so much for all of your visual help. I am amazed and love your quilts.

Marilyn

Carmen,

Thanks for the encouragement! I enjoy viewing the beautiful quilts on this forum, but they are a bit intimidating. I'm going to commit today to make five simple quits for the shelter and maybe I'll be ready to venture to one of my more special tops after that. I'm going to check out the up front CL.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving and thanks again for your encouragement!

Archived