Does anyone else have a "helper" problem?

Merryjo2003

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh! The Briards are gorgeous! Growing up we always had Briards. Playful, gentle giants.

My cats know better than to try to come on my machine in any way - or so I thought. This morning I came in to something a little bit 'hammock' shaped (Thank goodness it's only personal work on the machine!). Time to leave it booby-trapped again. My old dog is now stone deaf and just likes to lay nearby...she doesn't get bothered by the machine noise any more.

Love all the pictures of the pets. With working in solitary the way we do, it's so good to have the companionship, isn't it?

All of the "babies" are just adorable...sigh..pets are what makes life tolerable....even though sometimes all you want to do is TRAIN them, rather than you being the trainee :D

Yes, come to beautiful sunny Elkhart, where it was -20 degrees this morning...our highs for tomorrow...whalloping 5....

I love winter, I love winter, I love winterI love winter, I love winter, I love winterI love winter, I love winter, I love winterI love winter, I love winter, I love winterI love winter

:D Jody

Judi and Jody,

Yes, I have to tell you that crazy as it sounds, it's warmer up here in Alaska (I'm near Fairbanks where it gets really cold) than it is in your neck of the woods. Last Friday, in fact, it was close to +30 above zero and even right now, it's almost +10 above zero. Bright, clear, sunny skies and really pretty out there with all the white snow. Gotta go get those shades... :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

okay folks I need some remedial help it seems like you all are able to see pictures in this conversation and I don't see a one. what or where do I need to go to make pictures available on my browser. I made this a "trusted site" and I thought that would do it but no luck

I have six cats and 3 dogs I would love to share pics of but.................:(

only one dog at a time in the studio and since I "heard" my youngest using a bolt of backing fabric as a scratching post the cats are banned from the shop but I still do some piecing in the house that they "help" with

I really really want to see critter pics please provide remedial help thanks-mwl

• 4 months later...

My mom does too, every time we are sewing together at her house, her cat HAS TO BE RIGHT THERE, too -- its so funny, I keep scooting him out and down off the bed, and within 30-45 seconds he is right back up there, seems to be saying, I live here too, ya know (and you don\'t ninny niiny poo poo Aren\'t animals the cutest showing there personalities.

Love those pets,

Lin

Here are my two furballs, Bob, age 17, and Jack, age 4 (he was 2 when he joined us). After two years, Bob is just now starting to warm up to Jack (warm being a relative term). Jack tries so hard to find a way to interact with Bob, even offering his stuffed monkey or goose, but Bob isn\'t having any of it. My quilts are on all the beds, covered with sheets. Bob\'s a shedder. :mad: Bob helped me quilt when he was younger but no more. Nowadays, he just avoids Jack, eats, poops, and sleeps. Jack helps me by lying where my feet need to be while trying to quilt. :D

post--13461899194261_thumb.jpg

Bob looks like he is getting ready to haul off and whomp Jack just for the nerve of being in the same picture.

My last two kitties made it up to 20 and 21 years old before I lost them to old age. You could have Bob with you for a while yet. They do tend to do a lot of sleeping at that age.

K.C., the one sitting on the quilt on my machine is 2 years old. My other sweetie, Winnie, is 10 years old and she tolerates K.C. quite well. I usually catch them playing together in the mornings.

My 9 month old yellow lab, Hannah, started laying on the batting under my Lenni as I was quilting and I thought that was harmless until I noticed she was chewing a hole in the batting.:o Fortunately, the hole was about two inches below the bottom of the quilt. Now she can stay in the room with me but she is banished to one of my practice pieces. :P

This is my little helper, well I suppose you could call him my little growth. He never leaves my side if he can help it! If I\'m piecing then he\'s in my lap, if I\'m sitting anywhere he\'s in my lap, if I\'m standing he\'s sitting on my feet. when I\'m quilting he sleeps in a bin of fabric under my frame.

His name is Nino and he weighs 4lbs. and is 3 years old.

post--13461899197211_thumb.jpg

Archived