NQR - How hot is it???

Last Saturday I went out to lunch with the girls and when I got into my car the temperature gauge said it was 105 degrees. I live in New York and I was very close to the Adirondack Mountains in Glens Falls. But wait a week or so and the temperature is down to the low 80's with a nice breeze. Stay inside with the A/C cranked up.

It was 106 according to my car at lunch time on

Thurs. and most nights the past week it's been 98 at about 10pm. yesterday a bit cooler but the heat indexes in the afternoon were over 100. It's 96 at the moment and supposed to be 100 plus most of the week.

One of the day car centers was baking cookies on the dashboards of cars this past week--it made the local news.

Definately don't want to leave a pet or person shut in a car.

Originally posted by Beachside Quilter

Oh Heidi, don't tempt me!! LOL, my husband says I'm a hermit cuz I hate going out, but once in a while you just gotta go do chores. Would rather be inside quilting! Send all cool-air wishes down to Sylvia and me!

Hey just bring Sylvia with you and you girls can quilt your hearts out. Of course I have central air too and my studio is by far the coolest room in the house! Then when I get home we can go out and float in the pool with margaritas!

Wow, and I thought we were suffering in SC, my quilt studio which is upstairs was 84.5 with the a/c going as hard as it could, after about 7 pm and a thunderstorm it cooled down to 79 degrees, has been that hot everyday for weeks, so needless to say not much getting done up there. I did suffer thru it for awhile this afternoon and got that oriental quilt loaded and one border down between thunderstorms. so at least it is started and that is the hardest part for me usually!!

Let's pray for some cooler weather for the whole country this is getting old!!

Definately not looking forward to my electric bill. Thanks goodness for AC. Even with my ac set for 78 upstairs I was in jeans quilting in my nice cool basement. Have to get my car ac fixed after work today it quit last week. Have only done the madatory driving to work and back and ran to the grocery store yesterday twas 101. Hopefully it won't be too expensive.

Today 102, tomorrow 107, Wed 102. Real temps predictions not the heat index. The air was so thick last night it was hard to breathe outside. The hazardous air quality warnings are out for the next 3 days We might get some rain Thurs or Fri.

The water temp in my daughter's pool has been running 98 degrees.,

Jenny,

My daughter and 3 friends are on a plane even now headed over to Sydney!

Vickie,

It has been pretty hot here too and I don't go outside unless I absolutely have to! My DH said he really needs to mow but I said why bother? The heat is killing the grass anyway - why is it only the weeds survive?

We got 2 inches of much needed rain yesterday and then the temp. shot pack up to 90 degrees! I am so thankful for the rain! We have bee so hot and dry for the past 3 weeks. I don't think we have been below 90 degrees with most days closer to 100.

Okay Vickie, I just checked the back porch and the temp reads a COLD 86 degrees. I may have to go find a quilt!!!! LOL

I know how hot it's been. We still have had no rain to speak of. The clouds are building north, west and south of me but will probably go around us AGAIN!!!!

We broke a record for consecutive days over the 100 degree mark. I think we are on about 37 days now. We had about 5 mins. of rain on Saturday:cool: It cooled it down to 96 for a couple of hours. I think we have a grand total of 1.17 inches of rain in the entire year. Officially drought status.

I live in a neighborhood where you pay dues, and they try to dictate what you can have in your yard etc. They made us plant FESCUE for crying out loud. Definitely not a hot weather grass, and then they had the gall to leave a note on my door the other day saying, they would like to come discuss watering with us! They really don't want to discuss that with me right now.:( They put eight trees lining the street that we are supposed to keep alive. My water bill is through the roof for that alone.

Too bad weeds aren't considered pretty:P:P They are growing just fine. They are even green!

Archived