saddle chair

I purchased the same one as Linda. I'm only 5 feet 2 inches and it was a bit too tall for me (legs and body about equal length). I wish I had looked into this one as I really liked the saddle stool.

http://www.bizchair.com/st203-os.html

Instead I got a drafting stool with a back and don't like it at all as I have trouble climbing up on it, too.

Originally posted by LibbyG

Make sure you get the saddle stool that goes up to 32 inches. One of them only goes to 24 and it won't work.

Libby, can you tell me a little more about why it won't work? I have been thinking about getting the one that only goes to 24 inches because I'm so short and the other was a little too tall for me. I haven't been able to find anything local to sit on and try out and I hate to make a third bad purchase! Thank you :)

I've been checking these out and also wanted to try the chair before I purchased. I contacted bizchair and found out they would be at Paducah and found them but they were busy but I got a chance to sit in the chair and found it very hard on my tail bone but didn't realize the chair could be tilted and this might change that pressure on the tail bone.

I just went back to their site and see that they have a 60 day return.

Missy

Bonnie: The 24" height is not tall enough. My table sits at 31" when it is adjusted to it's lowest point, at that height my stool is adjusted to 26" for me to quilt comfortably.

Connie: Not all stools are the same, There is probably a difference in quality in the one you see for $70 on e-Bay and the Star ST205.

I did a lot of research (every thing but sit on them unfortunately) before I bought mine on line. I have a Star ST205 like Christina. I like the stool pretty well. I don't find it to be very comfortable-the seat seems too wide and a bit flat-but it works very well. I paid $119 delivered last April. It apparently fits others better than me. Maybe it's a man-woman thing. The Star ST205 is a good quality stool. Rolls very easily, adjusts easily, and looks to be well made. With regard to the comfort, I have no problem quilting for hours sitting on it, it's just how it feels to me. Regards. Jim

Hello to all you cyber quilters out there. I am a new to the APQS forum and was sent this way via SewSoSimple.. You will recognize this quilter as the 'queen' of t- shirt quilts and that beautiful embroidery quilt with the gorgeous hatch stitching. If you remember how delighted she was with the delivery of her new long arm quilter not too long ago. I was equally as happy to have delivery of her precious Ms. Lenni.

I'm trying lots of new quilting ideas - it like a surprise every day. I am now ready to invest in either Circle Lord or Quiltazoid. I would like to hear your ideas and pros and cons about the two different/similar aids. I know both are popular - what would you buy?

Are you now using computers to accomplish your fantastic work - any units for sale? Thanks, CiCi

• 2 weeks later...

Archived