Customer Quilt Batiks with Fern Panto

This was a large quilt, I think it was 98X 104, the side measurement was wider than the length. Anyway, it was beautiful before I quilted it! I bought this panto at MQX West and I just love it! I know I could probably make ferns freehand, but I know I could not keep them even spaced and looking as nice as this panto turned out.2060345180105327431S425x425Q85.jpg

<a  href=2845872590105327431S425x425Q85.jpg' alt=

Guest Linda S

Very pretty! I know what you mean about using a panto to make the designs even. I can make tons of flowers, ferns, leaves, etc., but figuring out where to plop them down and what size and how to connect them is not something my brain can handle. My kind of quilting is a little more formal, follow the line and plan it all out ahead sort of thing. Pantos really help that.

Thanks Cory, I forgot to mention it is a very dense pattern. I used silk/bamboo batting as the customer wanted it for her motor home which she lives in during the winter in Arizona and did not want much weight inner quilt. When she dropped off another quilt I showed her the batting I had used in another quilt and she liked it and had me hold the batting for her until she finished this quilt. I loved this quilt so much I wanted to keep it!

Archived