anyone care to tip toe thru the tulips? need ideas***UPDATED WTIH FINISHED PHOTOS

OK you wanted "fresh" ideas. So this is what I came up with. Not sure it's fresh but it is whimsical and cute. With simple piecing, I like simple quilting to go with it. Here are some thoughts. You could put butterflies in those four open areas, maybe lady bugs on the flower petal or a little butterfly sitting on top of the flower. :D

post--13461907609009_thumb.jpg

Great ideas Shana, just what I was thinking only I don't have a way to draw it....but I love the idea of added butterflies and bugs....maybe some pebbling around the bottoms of the flowers too to give the impression that they are growning in the ground, and maybe some swirls around the wings of the butterflies to give the impression that they are fluttering...this is going to be a very cute quilt!

• 3 weeks later...

Shana inspired me to create a tulip border where she had leaves. My customer picked out the swirlies from my sketches. I think it turned out great.

I just want to say how much I appreciate the ideas that are so generously shared here. It takes so much anxiety away when trying to decide how to quilt for someone else!

post--13461907719291_thumb.jpg

Archived