If I change her name will she die???

Before I met my Freedom I settled on the name Missy. So Missy it was. Now that I have had her a season and have gotten to know her that name doesn't fit. They only name that seems to describe her is "Stitch." So, if I change her name will she die? (That is what I always heard about an animal, change their name and they die.)

Has anyone else had this situation? In the great scheme of things this is just so important, don't you think?;)

That's what always happens with my pets. for example: I have a poodle named Sadie. That's her formal name. For some reason unknown to me, it evolve to Lou Lou, and then when she's being especially cute, it's Looty Lou:P:P. My family all think I'm crazy, and I probably am, but she always comes no matter what I call her, and I have 4 dogs. she only comes when I am calling her.

I think she will be fine -- may take her a bit to get used to the new name --- but if you give her enough treats (rewards for coming when called) she will catch on! :D

I rescued a Basset Hound -- the rescue group gave her the name Rosie -- which did not fit her and was way to close to the husbands ex-wife's name (Rose) :o

So we changed her name to Abigail and called her Abby most of the time -- except when she was being exceptionally stubborn -- then she got the whole name! (first and last) – She lived for a long time, so I don’t think the name change had any ill effect.

I thinks you should call her 'Stitchy Miss". Then if and when a stitch isn't right, you have to frog, she doesn't feel good, etc, etc, one of those "chocolate and wine moments" . . . . . . . . .she can be a "B---- Miss." ;););)

Sorry, don't want to insult anyone, just couldn't resist!!!!

Gotta LOVE our machines!!

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

Archived