HAPPY THANKSGIVING TO EVERYONE.......

I have been prepping and preparing dishes all day long. Everything is ready to pop in the oven tomorrow. I made 4 pies....pumpkin, apple, banana cream, chocolate. I love to cook for Thanksgiving. My kids do the clean up so that's is great, too.

Today is also my 64th birthday. We are heading out soon for my birthday supper and to pick up our Illinois kids from the Amtrak station in Ottumwa. About 30 miles from here. They will be here until Sunday. Our son and family live here in town, so they will all be here tomorrow along with my Mom. Supposed to be a beautiful 60+º day too. Can't ask for much more.

Hope you all have a safe and happy holiday.

Dear Vicki and Linda -

Happy Birthday to you both! My birthday is tomorrow also! Turning the big 6-0. Glad to have this one fall on a holiday so maybe folks won't make a big deal of it. I try to fly under the radar with the birthday celebrations. Getting together for a small lunchtime meal with DD and then spending the afternoon at home decorating my Christmas tree. Might even fit in some sewing time...now that would be a very nice birthday!

Sally

Well Happy Birthday to Linda and Vicki! Enjoy the day and the food. We're having a smaller group this year which is actually good. MIL has decided she isn't coming because "she doesn't want to make anybody unhappy." Whatever. The only one she'll make unhappy is herself and if she wants to spend it alone that is her choice. My mom is coming, Maddie and BIL and daughter and her boyfriend. I did get two smal birds, 12 lbs each, so I'll bake those tomorrow. I made apple and pumpkin pie, spinash dip and a cheese dip today. Tomorrow won't be too bad. I'm heading down to quilt some more and hopefully I'll get a little of that in tomorrow before we get company. I just want to relax but I have to get this BAQ off my frame!

Happy birthday everyone! I'm glad you'l be able to spend time with your family on your special days. If I were closer I'd be stopping in for some of those goodies. I'm fortunate to have a sister who loves to cook, so as long as I get the cleaning done I can sew while she's slaving in the kitchen.

Archived