my first "real" quilt came off the frame today

All right it was a practice quilt, but a REAL quilt, not just a fabric sandwich. This quilt I actually started on my DSM. I had all the blocks done but not the string blocks. The string blocks I finished on the long arm - for the first time (can ya tell I'm a wee bit excited).

Now it's not nearly as good as the ones I see everyone posting (y'all are very inspirational) but I can only get better right? :)

Pictures are posted on my blog if your interested (please let me know if that's not allowed and I'll post directly here).

I have another one that was started on the DSM and didn't get finished, I'm going to load that one tomorrow.

http://suedaurio.blogspot.com/2011/12/my-first-real-quilt-just-came-off-frame.html

Thank you for sharing, your quilts are fun to see.

About going to the blog, or other sites instead of having some of the pictures here; I don't have (or shouldn't take) as much time to find all the other sites to see those pictures, so I really appreciate having at least the one or two on this site. If there are more to share, then going to the blog, etc. is an option. Many times if I have to go to another site to see even the first picture, I just by pass it because of time.

I am glad that you have come here and are so willing to share. Keep it up, and enjoy the trip.

Originally posted by Marg Layton

Where did you get the adorable baby owl quilt pattern? We have a new grandbaby expected in the new year, and I think it would be a hoot to make one like this, especially since so many of the designs are applicable to these soon to be new parents!

Baby Owl quilt - well there's a bit of story there. My daughter is expecting in Jan (so excited) and she wanted owls. I had no idea what to do with owls. She found these adorable pictures and I used them for applique. She essentially designed the quilt and I just did the sewing. What fun to work on a project with her. We actually started a boy and girl quilt before we new the sex of the baby. The girl owl quilt will be finished and donated to project Linus. Now that will be a fun one to quilt on the long arm :)

Sue,

Really pretty quilt. I'm with Madelyn, though. I love to see the quilts posted on this site because you can see the actual quilting better. My trifocals require up close and personal pictures. Also, I can save the quilt to my favorites. If you try and go back to a blogsite, you never know where the quilt is because you get the latest entry. So maybe just one or two for us. Thanks so much.

Archived