Ok - so I just have to gripe!

So I am still struggling to get over this flu and have been pretty much doing nothing since Jan 1st. I just said to my DH, I wish a new magazine would come in the mail so I'd have something new to read and I was so excited to see my new Machine Quilting Unlimited Magazine in the mail box...but wait, it was in a plastic bag from the post office and was just the cover with a note that said they were sorry they damaged my mail and hoped I'd understand....no I don't understand!!! And I'm mad! This year is not going well so far!!!!!

Ok, what person in their right mind would think a cover only is ok.....how about "will try to find the guts and send them to you in another bag" (sorry my ICU nurse dark humor is coming out)....I bet if you emailed the mag they would send you another at no charge...they have great customer service.

Gripe totally justified!!!! I get a little ticked off myself when my quilting magazines come damaged. I live in a semi rural area so post is delivered via a car. I had the last magazine delivered damaged:mad:, so can totally sympathize. Did I understand correctly that it was just the cover that was delivered? That is not good enough! If they are in the job of taking responsibility to make sure your mail arrives safely and complete, then it should, so "sorry" doesn't cut it. I think I would be enquiring where the rest of the magazine got to.

Hope your having plenty of chicken soup and you'll be feeling better in no time. :)

Originally posted by quietlifeaz

Ok, what person in their right mind would think a cover only is ok.....how about "will try to find the guts and send them to you in another bag" (sorry my ICU nurse dark humor is coming out)....I bet if you emailed the mag they would send you another at no charge...they have great customer service.

Kelly I love your terminology!!:P

Vicki I'm with you. Had minor foot surgery which now have to have more and just wanted something to read.. My Fons and Porter mag didn't come again so had to call to have them send another one. This keeps happening and I have to remember to call every other month to get one. They said I need to contact the post office and have a postal alert put on. What a pain.

Guest Linda S

Vicki - let Vicki Anderson (editor) know about this. She may send you a new issue if she's got one on hand. These kinds of magazines are important to get in primo condition.

Originally posted by Primitive1

......my new Machine Quilting Unlimited Magazine in the mail box...but wait, it was in a plastic bag from the post office and was just the cover with a note that said they were sorry they damaged my mail and hoped I'd understand.....

Call MQU and they will send you a replacement magazine.

Originally posted by jewwels

Originally posted by quietlifeaz

Kelly I love your terminology!!:P

oh the stories I could tell....but I am betting some of you might be a bit squeemish :D:P:o;):D:P:D

I have a dear friend that works in the post office. The carriers here are contracted out since this area is a very rural one. She told me that most all of these carriers will read peoples mags when they are on lunch breaks and have actually found that some will keep the mags for extended periods of time before giving them to the mailed recipient. It wouldn't surprise me if this mag was kept because of some interesting articles that 'someone' wanted to keep!:mad:

Maybe it would help if our magazines were sent in a sealed bag or envelope? That is just wrong.

When I lived in AK I heard a story about a woman who was visiting and staying at one of the local B&B's. She wrote a post card to a friend and had some not so nice things to say about where she was staying, it wasn't long before everyone in town was giving her the cold shoulder...so....I know postal workers do read what they can....

Archived