Circlelord 2012 Challenge Quilt Show

circlelord

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Kelly, the Meander is so easy to quilt. Start at one end travel to the other and it's done, all in one pass. It meanders up and down and fills the entire area.

I have a lot of requests for it. Of course it's in my lower price range. Before I put graduated prices on my templates (according to density and how complicated it was quilt them), everyone seemed to pick the harder designs. Now they mostly pick the easier ones, unless it's a special quilt.

Originally posted by Georgene

Kelly, the Meander is so easy to quilt. Start at one end travel to the other and it's done, all in one pass. It meanders up and down and fills the entire area.

I have a lot of requests for it. Of course it's in my lower price range. Before I put graduated prices on my templates (according to density and how complicated it was quilt them), everyone seemed to pick the harder designs. Now they mostly pick the easier ones, unless it's a special quilt.

One more thing for my wish list...man that list is getting long.

Just finished this with my Ginkgo Template.

Quilter - Ardelle Kerr

Piecer - Ardelle Kerr

Pattern and designer- Pinapple Plus by Karin Hellaby

Size 24" square

CL Templates used- Ginkgo template and Basic unit for circles

6849318359_42cf1fb5c9_z.jpg

007 by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

6849319445_3bc922e171_z.jpg

009 by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

6849319015_dce99129bb_z.jpg

008 by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

6849320211_fddb82d8f3_z.jpg

011 by RoseCity Quilter, on Flickr

Now that I have all my Circlelord Templates traced onto clear sheet protectors like Ardelle instructed us for pantos (http://apqs.com/quiltboard/viewthread.php?tid=25615&page=1#pid321254) I can now lay a design over the quilt for the customer to visualize. It's been very surprising how the plain Zig Zag has gained in popularity since I've been doing this. Who'd a thunk it.

So, this red star quilt was stitched with the plain Zig Zag in the body of the quilt and freehand feathers on the border. On the sides of the quilt, I used my channel locks when stopping at the border and travelling down to the next zig zag groove.

When I got to the bottom of the quilt body, it called for a partial zig zag. So I used my CL push button thingy to stitch and travel from one zig to the next. You'll see an example of this in the last picture.

post--1346190815187_thumb.jpg

I didn't realize I had a possible entry, but I do :P I love the way the spirals template helped make the quilting more whimsical!

Quilter: Bonnie Hutcherson

Piecer: Bonnie Hutcherson

Pattern/Designer: Flower Patch/Judi Madsen (Green Fairy Quilts)

Size: Approximately 60 x 80 inches

CL Template: Spirals

2089239560107368784S425x425Q85.jpg[/url]

2492757200107368784S425x425Q85.jpg[/url]

2524351220107368784S425x425Q85.jpg[/url]

Archived