Customer won Best Use of Color - wooohooo

I can post pix of this quilt now. My customer just won Best Use of Color at the Folsom, CA Quilt Guild show. There are some mighty nice quilts at that show. She took the center Elephant panel and then designed the quilt around it.

Had a blast finding African motifs online and then making them on the quilt. Mostly free-motion except for a couple computer motifs in the far corners. This was another quilt that I felt honored being asked to quilt.

post--13461908101454_thumb.jpg

Congrates to both of you!!!!! Waiting to see the whole quilt! WOnderful job!

Okay Now I can see the whole quilt and all I can say is WOW

Love the colors and fabrics she used, amazing! I think someone has already asked for more pictures!!!! Please some close ups!!!

wonderful quilting for wonderful quilt. Love the color ranges and could sit here looking at it all day. I'd think it would make even the most skeptical uninterested as well as piecers, quilters and lovers of africa, and elephants..stop in their tracks to view this one.

This is how I got a whole bunch of African motif ideas for this quilt:

http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AkC5m3ZSK2eorzszMh8oT_6bvZx4?p=african+motifs&toggle=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&fr=yfp-t-701

I saved lots of the pictures and used them for design ideas. They worked well for free-motion once I figured out how to make some of them continuous. Love the internet!

Archived