MM wheel question

i was just wondering if anyone else with MMs have noticed that they need a 'warm up' period before stitching?

this morning i started quilting and i noticed that my machine was sticking bad, then after a while it didn't (it feels like it does when the the frame is out of level). then i remembered that it has happened before but has gone away after a while....i know everything's level...is it the 'grease' in the wheels needing to be 'warmed up'?

Hi I have recently moved my Milli and I put the mm wheels on. I too noticed my head was moving on its own. I thought I may not have leveled. As it turned out I made a simple adjustment to the Cams and it did the trick. My cams were a little to loose and I made the adjustment now all is well. I hope this helps. All the info is in the APQS manual for setting up.

Howdy, If I know you, you've checked all the loose and garbaged up areas. When its cold the grease is not as viscous as when warmer. This can be especially evident in our cooler climates where you don't heat the space up until you occupy it for economical reasons. Try a hair dryer set on low and not too close on all the wheels for a minute or so and see what happens. If it works then I haven't babbled on for naught. If it doesn't check out all the other hindrances that are known to happen.

One other thing is to check the open air clearance between the wheel and frames, I had one when I got mine that was very close and after much use it seemed to have settled just enough to barely rub. Just readjusted the height with the washers to cure.

Hope something here works for ya! bye for now

grasshopper

Check to make sure there is no flaky oxidation buildup in the grooves of the wheels. I blow it off with my compressor, or take a q-tip and clean them. Don't have near the amount of oxidation buildup that I did before I installed the grounding kit. I recently had to replace my M&M wheels. Seems the set I had were defective from the factory. They had begun making a horrible squeaking noise. My machine wouldn't even travel halfway down the rails when given a push. I didn't realize how bad they were until I put the new ones on.

Reading all the reply's I wonder if the plastic on the M&M's is like a tire in the cold north, when you first start out driving the tires have a flat spot from sitting overnight in the frozen outdoors and round out in a few miles of driving. Could be.

Although not that cold in your studio's, they could settle a bit from sitting with the weight on them overnight and just round out after a little use or warm up?

Amy, are you out there?

Inquiring minds need to know!======grasshopper

Originally posted by Dave-Jane

Reading all the reply's I wonder if the plastic on the M&M's is like a tire in the cold north, when you first start out driving the tires have a flat spot from sitting overnight in the frozen outdoors and round out in a few miles of driving. Could be.

Although not that cold in your studio's, they could settle a bit from sitting with the weight on them overnight and just round out after a little use or warm up?

Amy, are you out there?

Inquiring minds need to know!======grasshopper

That is so funny, I kind of wondered the same thing LOL I live in ohio and have been unnerved by the thump thump thump of cold tires.

I don't notice flat spots in my wheels, but have noticed that if I clean my wheels and the rails regularly it glides much better. I also spray a cloth with a Food Grade Silicon spray that is very slick and wipe the wheels and rails with a slight coating after cleaning them and it, too, makes my machine glide better.

Archived