My Guild Challenge project finally done

Here is a photo of my project.

Back in Sept. all of our members were given a Fat Quarter of Black fabric. Our instructions were that we had to use at least 1" of the fabric, the project had to be less than 36" by 36" and it had to have words on it. Either one, two or many... whatever.

I had purchased a kit a few years ago at the MN State Quilt Show, but I wanted to change it a bit. I didn't want to sew the little sayings into the borders. So I made these cute little pockets to hold chocolates, sewing tools, or whatever!

I even made them with a different saying on the back side, so I can change them around.

I gave this the title "Where is it?!?!"

Because this poor quilter is looking for her FQ of Black fabric to work on her Challenge Project and she can't find it.

Do you see it??

Yes - it is in her back pocket!

I made those little zippers out of a necklace and some very tiny heart charms. A little hand sewing and some glue....

post--13461908208452_thumb.jpg

Can you believe that I found those 2 little metal scissors the day before I had to hand this in at a Thrift store for only 25 cents!

This is 24" by 28" total and is hanging pretty flat too!

The center panel was printed by the same company that made the little sayings. They are out of Iowa and their website is: www.blockpartystudios.com

I used saying from their #2 and #3 set I think. Never had the #1.

Thanks for all the great feedback ~ it was a fun one to make! Just hard to stop adding stuff to it!! :cool:

Archived