Earplugs

Ok I may be crazy, but after quilting for 3 days straight my ears are still ringing from the sound of my machine.

Does anyone else have that happen and if so do you wear earplugs? I don't want to go deaf from quilting! :P

Also, do you quilt in your jammies? Just a funny - I love quilting in my jammies. :cool:

:P Ha! Yes.....but only a couple of times in the jammies ... I have to walk outside to the building next door and upstairs to get to my machine, so me in the jammies not so often. But yeah sure it's very common.

Not sure about the noise. No my ears don't ring. Maybe you are a little sensitive to it? It could be the acoustics in your room? I think you get used to it over time but ... that said, you could stick earplugs in there to dampen the noise.

Ear plugs and jammies :) Go for it girl.

Not sure I would want to wear earplugs, you can hear all kinds of things happening if you listen, like your bobbin thread getting snagged or your bobbin thread running low or your bobbin area needing oil!

I'd be frightened I missed hearing something important!

But the jammies yes, they are a big help to relaxed quilting!

Can't quilt without my audio books! No earplugs for me. I do have ringing in my ears though. I hope it is not from years of machine noise!

Sometimes I quilt in my jammies all day, and then run upstairs just before my hubby gets home and put on some clothes. He does not need to know I stay in my jammies all day! There are somethings I just won't share! :P

i wear ear buds and listen to my iPod while i quilt.

if you chose this option, make sure to make arrangements with dh and/or kids to either flick the lights or something to warn you when they are coming. it can be startling if you don't have some system. ask me how i know.

one time i jumped so high that i wound up ripping out a LOT!

I can't start my day without a shower; but then its into comfy sweats and a sweatshirt for the rest of the day. I only put on "real" clothes if someone is coming over. Hmmmm....do you think this could be why my jeans are so tight???:P:D No matter what I eat, my sweats always fit!

As far as noise, I listen to the tv (I have my fave tv show on DVD and have listened to it so many times, I can almost quote it verbatim), or audio books, but without headphones. I'm too afraid I'll miss some important noise that tells me something is wrong.

Archived