Great Moxie meeting in Portland

Hi all - First, thank you Debbie for your outstanding hostessing! Your home all decked out for Easter really put the "Spring" into the meeting. And everyone is sure a good cook. Lots of laughter and great to get back together again with friends. Wonderful food - next time I've got to wear those elastic waisted pants. :P

I didn't get pictures of all the quilts cause I forgot my camera and then it dawned on me when we were down to the last of all of them that I had my phone. So these pics aren't the greatest, but here are some of the quilts shown. Most of these were made and quilted by Lynda Newell who is our most prolific quilter. I'm sorry that I missed the first ones shown so Bekah, could you post pics of them? Ok, here goes

2542780890094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2597013200094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2509159910094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2066151520094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

2580467930094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

And this last one is a portion of a quilt that Debbie pieced and embordered which is beautiful - Can't wait to see it all quilted up Debbie.

2415374680094956607S500x500Q85.jpg

Thanks for looking and sharing our Moxie meeting with us

Great meeting!

We got to meet Patty's new DH George. He met with everyone's enthusiastic approval, as we all knew he would! They both look so happy.

Great food, laughter, sharing--it doesn't get any better! I so look forward to the meetings, enjoy my friends so much, and see such pretty quilts, that the next day is a let-down and I feel like I have a hangover this morning! And no, no alcohol was served!

Next meeting will be our annual July in Seaside! Lynda Newell is hosting on the 14th.

For anyone interested, Jim had a suggestion. He thought we could do a "teaching/sharing" meeting based at someone's studio. It would be limited to however many the host had space for in the studio--like I could fit maybe six people. Jim suggested two days--maybe from noon Friday to Saturday afternoon? All accommodations and food would be up to the individuals attending. So, no sleepovers at the host's, all food potluck and then eating out, etc. Portland area would be best, as most can go home for the night if they want to, but that could be up to the mix of people attending. We could also opt for a long Saturday, more structured without show and tell, maybe from 10am to dinnertime or later?

This would be a meeting with everyone sharing techniques, favorite tools, and stitching demos--but only if you want to! No pressure! We have lots of talent in the group and an extended meeting--even a long Saturday--dedicated to only sharing techniques would be a great idea.

What do you think, Moxie-mates?

Guest Linda S

I had such a good time. Only sorry we had to leave a bit early, but we had a little shopping to do and then the big drive home. It's always so good to see you all again. July the 14th is wonderful. It's my anniversary of my arrival in Oregon, in 1979. I drove over the drinkwater and stinking water passes to see the sun setting over the Cascades, pulled the car over to the side of the road and had a good cry. I had arrived. So, it will be 33 years since I got here and I'd love to celebrate that with my buddies by looking at all the wonderful quilts.

Teaching/sharing event sounds great. It would be nice to be able to spend more than a few hours together. Portland area (or coast [hint, hint]) sounds good to me.

Gosh it was such a grand time. Thank you Debbie for hosting, you are the best!

Two days of "classes" etc here at the beach would be wonderful but I realize that accommodations are not on the cheap here especially in July. I am up for it though if ya'll wanna come. I can fit quite few in my studio.

I'm already looking forward to the next one.

WOW..... Haven't checked in for a while -- sounds like you all had a great time, I was just so sorry I couldn't make it over the mountain and join in all the fun ...

Marked my calender "in ink" for a trip to Seaside and more fun with you all..... See you soon... :-)

Thank you all for coming to my house. I had so much fun. I love learning from you guys. Thank you Linda R for showing me how to use those shapes. And you were right. All those pen marks were gone by yesterday afternoon. Dar n I should have retraced them. LOL Also, I think you forgot your marker.

The quilts were beautiful and the laughter was like medicine. Can't wait til July.

Bekah said she hadn't be on her in a while so maybe we can get her to email the pictures to someone and then post them. I think she took pictures of all the quilts.

It was such a wonderful day. Debbie, thanks again for hosting. I have so missed my family.

My computer crashed and I lost my photo program so am going to be loading the software on my lap and getting the pictures uploaded. Hopefully that will happen today. That will depend on how it goes out in the studio today.

Wow, I was really looking forward to the meeting. My grandson visiting me from out of state ended up really sick so stayed in. Now what to do with 10 ripe avocados? Looking forward to July but maybe we could have another little one in May?

I love the idea of classes. I need to get back into whats new and improved. So sorry I missed everyone. Next time for sure.:):):)

I am going to try to post a few pictures. I am hoping this works. If it does I will post more tomorrow.

Nancy Jo so sorry you weren't there. We missed you. I am so up to a day or so of lessons and techniques. Not sure how to get the pictures on this topic but going to try.

I'm so sorry I had to miss you all. I have been driving back and forth from Portland for medical reasons and just couldn't get back in the car for another drive I had the quilts that I made from all the strips I won so so many years ago at Debbies all piled up to bring I ended up with four quilts 2 are finished and 2 are just tops maybe by July

ddo

• 2 months later...

Archived