I had so much fun in Paducah! Pics added...

I got to meet so many great "chatters"! Ani Catt is a doll, Irene Reising - is now one of my super stars, Judy Ingram is adorable and talented, and Carmen is as beautiful as her picture - no, wait, even more beautiful! I met Rita and Himself, and so many more!!! I"m sorry, I'm so exhausted I can't remember everyone's name... Sorry! Here's my take on Pacucah:

A couple other girls from my long arm guild had quilts accepted too, well, I don't know about Lori or Cindi, but personally I feel like I WAS the big winner! Everyone in Paducah treats you like a winner when you have a contestants ribbon attached to your name badge... I got asked for my autograph for the picture books, and people I didn't know congratulated me or patted me on the back! It was a fabulous experience... At the Awards Ceremony, they talked about how HUGE it was to even get an honorable mention, so we, at least I, wasn't prepared for all the recognition.

I had a wonderful time spending a week with my sister, Mike Daramus from FL. Yes, that's her real name... We think Mom wanted all boys... LOL! We stayed at a beautiful B & B in Elizabethtown, IL. Yes, it was about 55 minutes from Paducah, but Sue Hempil of The River Rose Inn treated us like royalty! It was well worth the drive. A beautiful 1900's Victorian home with a pool, hot tub, and Sue's gormet breakfast's were incredible - we didn't have to have lunch til at least 1:00 everyday... It's located right on the Ohio River. Sue's husband, Bruce has an extensive Elvis collection... Our first morning there, I realized why! Bruce is a retired Elvis impersonator! He really looks a lot like and "older" Elvis!

Also staying at the RRI was a mother and her two daughters from Mexico... a beautiful mom, and daughters were gorgeous and all three very talented. The 16 year old daughter, Valentina, designs (of all things) bags for herself and friends. They also have a website where they sell their designs. xtrimquilters.com - get it? extreme quilters? We spent Saturday evening just chatting about our week and sharing our "finds". They followed my sister to the Nashville airport so they wouldn't get lost...

Mike and I were going to go to the lost and found to see if they had all the money we "lost"! LOL I found some great stencils and a panel for an oriental quilt for my son and DIL, several books at the Hurt Book Sale, a bit of fabric, and we stayed and picked up my quilt on Saturday.

Thursday evening we had dinner at the Pizza Inn with several gals from the APQS quilting chat that I go on. It was great to meet them in person. Some were from Austrailia, England, and all over the US. I took pictures of me with Sue Patten, and Myrna Ficken, went to visit Jamie Wallen and Dusty Farrell, saw Sherrie Rogers Harrison, sat in the same row as Caryl Bryer Fallert (sp?) at the Awards Ceremony, and took Myrna's curved crosshatching class... found out i'm doing it the correct way. However I did get to learn the "wavy" curved crosshatch.

So, that's pretty much my Paducah report, I'm sure I'll think of more later when I'm not so exhausted... Mikie and I talked up a blue streak, so my voice is a bit raspy - when you live alone you don't get to talk that much! Gosh, it was so great to get a whole week with my sis! AND to do it at Paducah was just icing!!!!

That's it for now - good thing I was typing instead of talking!!! Going for another cup of coffee - have two quilts to deliver tomorrow night!!!

Here's the group out for pizza. Forgive me, I am a bit forgetful when it comes to names and I don't recall everyone's, so if you see yourself please jump in and tell us who you are! I have met some of you before but can't rmember names.

Annicat in the front left, Ann from Australia back left, Judy Ingram front right, next Bobbi and her sister, Mike, standing behind her, then me in the back.

2105202170105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Rita on the left next to Himself (who has a real name....I believe it is Rollin??), way in the back L to R, me, Mike and Bobbi.

2793749110105196958S425x425Q85.jpg

Carmen! Thanks for posting those pictures-they're great!

Geez! Just did my bookwork and NO I didn't balance! Some places didn't give paper receipts, so - OOPS! Guess I'll be eating lettuce tuna wraps for about a week! Yikes! But it's so worth it!

Great photos! It was so good to see my old forum friends again and to meet so many more.

In the first of Carmen's photos, Mary Scott is sitting across from me next to Ani Catt. In the second photo, Sharon is next to Himself and Carla is across from her. I can also see Debbie at the back table.

What a terrific show. I don't think I've ever seen more beautiful quilts anywhere! And APQS quilters are a huge part of the reason why-- Y'ALL ROCK! According to local news we had over 30,000 visitors and the vendors had a "record" year. I certainly did my part. Have been trying all morning to get things put away. And Bobbi, my credit card went on "Fraud Alert" and shut down at 2:30 Saturday afternoon. Probably a good thing!

Myrna you are such a talented lady. Your "Fill 'er Up" class was great.

Ozzie Ann, I'm still giggling over your funny stories at Pizza Inn!

Now back to work-- I still have a stack of fabric to deal with!

To all the wonderful ladies that I got to meet in person at Pizza Inn from all the different places that I have talked to and read posts from on the forum thank you for taking me right in to your group. I had the best time and felt right at home. I hope that we can do this again next year. I enjoyed meeting everyone whether they were from here in the states or from England or Australia like Ann and Annie (hope I got their names right, I am not very good with names).

Mary Scott

I had a great time at the show and helped the economy for the area. I really enjoyed the meeting at Pizza Inn. I would love to know the ending of the car parts being delivered. (some will know what I mean by this) Thanks Judy for setting up this meeting. Maybe we can do it again next year.

Guest Linda S

How wonderful! In my book, getting a quilt accepted in Paducah makes you a winner any day. I'm so glad you enjoyed the whole experience and got to meet all the nice people.

Well, I finally got to log on and read the forum!!! I had such a wonderful time meeting everyone. Bobbi you got away without my getting to tell you bye! I so enjoyed meeting each and everyone of my new forum buddies and catching up with everybody. Rita, I expect a masterpiece posted here of your auction purchase. I spent today with Ani Catt and Lillian , such a delightful day of more shopping and just loafing...hate to see it all end and back to reality. We will have to do it again next year, God willing, the more the merrier. Now back to quilting, they are back logged as I was having fun, fun, fun...

Chris - here's pictures for y'all!

Irene: Sorry! You were getting busy.... I didn't want to intrude, and it was time to go find my sissy again! We'll see each other again!

It was so awesome to meet so many people we know from this chat... Great people, not enough time to really have a good conversation!

Thanks again to Judy for setting it up! Great idea!!!

post--13461908490753_thumb.jpg

Archived