Vintage memories - no with pics

Has anyone quilted Vintage memories designed by This and That - Sherri K. Falls?

I got it today and are starting monday. Feathers in the outside border on this but what in those small borthers? The stars will have some ruler work I think.

post--13461908548928_thumb.jpg

I like the red inner border that extends both inside and outside the border. If you stitch scrolls along the narrow red, when you get to the extra triangles you can expand on the scrolls to fill the spaces. Stitch one large inside/outside scroll to fill the inner triangles with a little extra flourish and when you get to the corners, a large scroll in the inner triangle and two smaller ones in the outside triangles. Let me know if you need a diagram.

The pale area that runs along those inside red triangles could also get a scrolling treatment since they are outside the striped lattice and seem separate from the inner piecing.

That's a very pretty quilt with a lot going on. Pictures please when you finish!:)

I have this on my frame right now lol.... I am quilting feathers and in the red swirls. the inner red border I quilted clam shells.

SID for the blocks and used different fillers in the white squares going around the blocks. leaves, circles etc.

I'm just learning so this was a good one to play with.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived