Where to get Bobbin Cam

After rolling a quilt and finding a tuck in the fabric, and numerous tension issues. I decided to bite the bullet and get the bobbin cam. However, my problem is that the website www.bobbincam.com website comes up with a home page and a picture of water and islands and nothing else.

Does anyone have any contact information. I know manquilter sells them in Canada, but didn't know if I would have to pay extra to get it to the US.

Any information would be helpful. Maybe they don't know their website isn't working.

Shirley

Wyoming

You can get the Bobbin Cam from Matt and Bradie Sparrow at Sparrow Studioz, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. I don't think they are available in the states anymore. The website is www.sparrowstudioz.com.

Let me know if you need further help as I quilt out of the studio and am in several times a week.

I love my Bobbin Cam. You can also position the second camera to trace the pantographs so you work from the front.

Joanne Flamand

Artistic Quilt Design

Well, Ding Dong!! Just when I was ready to order one! My DH walked into my sewing room while I was trying to stand on my head to look at stitches on the backing. He said that I needed a camera to do the looking. After I explained about the bobbin cam, he actually said I should get one!!! You have to understand that he NEVER says this! lol Maybe we can find someone/some place else that does make them. OR if you're interested in selling your's let me know!!

I don't have a clue about patent law, but there is a guy on the Innova list who definitely had a camera system that he made himself, way before anyone else thought of it - It is very much like the quilters eye and Kevins' too. I think that if it is a matter of who had it first, he would win. Anyone know if this is the way of it or not? He freely gives the directions to make your own with readily available parts. Directions are on the Innova Wikki site. Just do a search for it online.

I bought Kevins' cameras, because I am essentially lazy, and the parts cost very close to what Kevin charged. And lest we forget, Gammill had a stitch camera very early too.

I think the QE folks are just the crybaby in the group, and you know, it's the crybaby that always gets the attention.

A quality product, at a reasonable price, is what Kevin made. So sad to see him shouted out.

• 4 weeks later...

Yesterday my husband received his new back up camera for his pickup----and I wondered as I watched him install it what the big deal is all about "patents" and cameras and monitors and the various companies challenging each other over something that is so obviously composed of "Parts" that are so readily available.

If I wanted a camera system for my long arm --the options to build our own are quite easy (as in back up camera, or observation cameras, baby monitor cameras, etc)

Edit: Inexpensively

My husband is putting one together for me. His monitor has the option of 3 camera's. He needs some kind of wire to put it all together. The camera's are infared and really show detail. It's like it doesn't see any color but shows the stitching really well. It also has the ability to focus really well. I'll let ya'll know how it works out when he gets it finished.

Archived