Music to Quilt By?

Thank you all for the ideas! I love the classical music internet site someone suggested and I am listening to it right now. I also love smooth jazz to quilt with. I love all types of music too except really hard rock and rap stuff. I even like some of the hip hop I hear, but not to quilt by :)

I rarely use my radio in car for anything but books, but for some reason, maybe because there are so many other distractions, at home, I cant listen to the books on cd, unless I give it my total attention. I love it for long driving trips! My old library used to be a member of the net library where I could download books, but they discontinued the service there and my new library is not a member either, that option I sorely miss!

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

89.9 FM all classical all the time here in Portland. My most inspiring music. Usually. Except when they're doing pledge breaks. Yuk! Then I just put on my favorite classical CD's, baroque or Ellie Ameling.... very soothing and also gets the blood going because of Vivaldi's strong rhythms. Then there's the "new age" piano music too.... Lots of stuff. Somehow I don't find rock n' roll as inspiring, but for energy for sewing tons of straight lines I think it's great. Especially the oldies!

Great topic here, thanks!

I lost my IPod in a vehicle wreck last November, so my hubby bought me a new 80gb for christmas. Its loaded with books, Patsy Cline, Brenda Lee, Alan Jackson and the Rolling Stones of all people. I still have sooo much room and thing I need to broaden my horizons and get into some jazz and who knows what else.

Happy listening...Monika:cool:

I am very fortunate to have a surround sound system in the room where Millie is and most of the time I listen to KMHD the jazz station that comes from Mt. Hood Community College. It is a Public Radiio station. Anyone can listen to it on the computer at KMHD.FM. They have a wide variety of Jazz and Blues.

Of course, there's always my early fav, John Denver. Anybody see that special on him last night on PBS? I was so sad when he died I wrote a poem for him (don't worry, I won't post it here, LOL!). Love his stuff!

But for quilting I really like celtic music too. Very soothing and very jiggy!

Hello This is Sue Patten on Claudias computer,

I love to have my MP3 player on loud when I quilt so I can dance and quilt at the same time..... But I listen to stuff like Buck Cherry and Finger Eleven, nothing soft just loud rock. I dont think it shows in my quilting designs though LOL

Crazy For Longarm Quilting over the ocean... Sue Patten

Archived