Superior's Top Tension Gauge

i've used it.

you will also need a towa guage to use it.

it works great....but only comes with settings for superior threads.

if you want to use another brand, you are back to fiddling with it yourself.

Shelley,

I believe that I read that Superior are bringing out a new top tension gauge. I just checked their website and the one shown is like the one that I have. I got it about a year ago and it had to be exchanged because it didn't work. I talked to Bob about it at a show and they were having issues with some of them. You might want to check with them to see if there are going to be any changes made before you place your order.

I just went and did a search and this is what I found in an e-mail from Superior.

Looking For New Product Testers

We have developed a patent-pending electronic product that easily measures top tension on longarm machines. It is easier to use and more precise than our current top thread tension gauge. We are looking for some longarm quilters to test this product.

Requirements:

1. own a longarm machine that requires frequent top tension adjusting

2. be familiar with and use the Towa bobbin tension gauge

3. use a wide range of different thread weights (at least 30 wt., 40 wt. and 50 wt.) on your machine

4. have many different threads (including metallic, cotton, polyester, monofilament) in your stash to test using this product.

5. test within a two-week period the return the product and results to us. We will include a return shipping label.

If you are interested and meet the above requirements, please contact me and include the brand and model of your machine.

Before you take the plunge--Superior's latest newsletter said they were looking for some testers for their new and/or improved top tension gauge. Make sure which one you are getting. You might want to wait a month...

Looks like Sue and I were posting at the same time!!

I thought it was just me not being able to use the guage properly as it never really changed much even when changing the top tension, hence it sits in a box not being used..... not impressed that people were not contacted that there were issues with them

guess i will wait and see what superior comes out with. I had forgotten about that email looking for testers. One thing i do know about superior is that if it's not right, they'll make it right. I have their customer service very good but totally get that perhaps a recall or notice would have been appropriate if ALL the gauges were faulty. Maybe some work and some don't. Great feedback everyone! Thanks!

Archived