Black,Red&White Quilt/ Done w/ Photos

Sorry, Looks like I made it a bit small. but,....

I am adding all the arcs to give it a some dimension.

SID all the Points. It will be time consuming, but really make them pop.

The "Scrolls" in the black will be very ornate, almost Trapunto looking with heavy background fill

( McTavishing, Pebbles, or my favorite new tiny Swirls. all in matching thread. (Black on Black)

I am planning to Piano Key or staightline through the Flying Geese as well as a running design within the geese.

Possible CC or Figure Eights.

On the Inner Large "Sashings, I am going to do Alternating straight line, Like 1/8" to 1/4" apart.

just to give it some pizzazzz!!!

I wish I could draw what I have in my mind for it. Hope some of my ideas transfer to what I wrote.

Can't wait to see what you do with it!!!

I know it will be awesome!!!

Laura

The quilt, if you could see it rather than viewing a photo, has a certain mystique to it. Almost like a Spanish flamenco dance -- have any of you seen the River Dance videotape? There is a flamenco dance in there that is fantastic. Maybe I'll google flamenco dancing for some additional ideas. The lacey fabric adds a lot. I am thinking of possibly using some metallic. I think I have red metallic. I like your gold and orange suggestion, Lyn. You always have good ideas, too. How did we end up with such fantastic quilters on this forum? Lucky us!!!

Hey Joan~

This quilt is truly stunning in person. The piecing itself is so beautiful. I would suggest using a black thread on the black.

Thus making the Quilting the Secondary design and let the piecers talents shine. If you want to make the "Scrolls" pop a bit,

I would suggest Glide, Candy Apple. The shine would make it pop, but not to much and give it just a touch Flare.

I agree with the Gold,,(My Choice would be Glide, Military Gold) And I would use it in all the Red Pieces.

Can't wait to see it quilted!!!

Laura

• 4 weeks later...

Archived