no ribbons this year.....

Went to our Iowa State Fair today, but didn't win any ribbons for my quilts this year. Oh well........just fun to see them hanging up there for all to see. Fun to read the judges comments too. I won't see those until I pick up the quilts on the 20th. Mine were displayed near the ends of the cubicles so I didn't have to search too hard. LOTS of gorgeous quilts up there and they had them sandwiched in pretty tight. They need more room to display them. I didn't get to spend as much time in the quilt section as I hoped, but we had our Grandaughters with us, so this day was more for them. They had never been to our State Fair before.

That's right Shana!!! I love the comments I get on my quilts. I always try to think what the judge will say about my quilts and most the time I'm pretty close.

Sorry no ribbons, Linda, but I'm so glad you shared your beautiful quilting with so many!

I'm entering some in our state fair this year. Someone told me that if no one entered (afraid of judge's comments) then there would be now show. So I'm entering. I'm not expecting a ribbon, too many others far more particular than me! But it is rather cool seeing your quilt hanging there!

Linda. I'm sorry there wasn't a ribbon on the quilt. Are the names large enough to read? LOL it irks my chichen when they use 12 pitch and most can't read it.

We were to the Iowa fair, camped out, in 1968. Had a blast I'll never forget..

Linda, Sorry no ribbons. I agree with others it is a great honor to be chosen to display your work. Don't let this discourage (spelling?) you from entering more quilt contests. Your ribbon is out there.

We are taking the kids to the Iowa State Fair this weekend. I am excited. I am worse than the kids. It has been three years since we have gone. We are going up on Friday and going to camp till Sunday. I will be sure to look for your quilts.

Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by RitaR

Linda. I'm sorry there wasn't a ribbon on the quilt. Are the names large enough to read? LOL it irks my chichen when they use 12 pitch and most can't read it.

We were to the Iowa fair, camped out, in 1968. Had a blast I'll never forget..

Yes, they do have the names on the tags printed in large, bold, dark font, so very easy to read - even the ones to the back of the cubicles. They are roped off so you can't get in real close to see them, but that also keeps dirty hands OFF of them. :)

Originally posted by Primitive1

Linda, no ribbons so what? I'll bet you were proud to see your quilts hanging there for all to see and I'll bet your granddaughters were proud of their grandma!!!! And that's blue ribbon right there!

I wasn't at all disappointed to not win any ribbons, as I didn't really expect to. BUT my Granddaughters thought ALL my quilts should have been in the Blue Ribbon Room. That means more than any ribbon. :P

Archived