Guest Linda S

The Today's Posts equivalent is on the tab near the top left - "New Since Last Visit" Hang in there! We're still all here, just in a bit of a different format.

Click on 'View New Content' in upper right screen area. Then on the page that comes up, on the left side there are so many more options of views to choose. Hang in here, I just found this myself - and I was about ready to fuss because I couldn't locate the posts for the last 24 hours. Baby, we have all sorts of options now that are going to really simplify our usage!

When I complained to a friend that change was so difficult for most people, she shared an exercise she learned from a workshop. Here's what you do:

Interlace your fingers and thumbs with your palms together. It's similar to praying hands, but the fingers are bent around to the tops of the hands.

Take note of which thumb--right or left--is on top.

Now, move your fingers and thumbs one notch forward OR backward so that the other thumb is on top.

How does that feel? It probably feels very unusual. Well, that's change--a small change, at that--and it is annoying.

A change as large as this one will take some getting used to. I'm trying to keep in mind the things I like so that the change is not overwhelming.

Don't mean to preach. This just reminded me of my friend's exercise. Thanks for reading.

I felt the same way as Darlene, but I continue to come back and each time I find something that works easier than the last time I was logged on. I will keep coming back. I will get used to the change. If it keeps out the spammers then that is worth it.

I'm sorta frustated also but will continue to come back and 'learn it' all over again. I count many of you as friends even though we've never met. I think of you in my prayers and am grateful to you for sharing your knowledge and your wonderful abilities with me as well as others. I laugh with you and cry with you. We as quilters share a common bond and I personally just can't let that go.

Just my 2 cents worth.

I find it interesting that someone with 2 posts to their name decides that they don't like this new format. Apparently the old format didn't interest them enough to post a comment there either. I'm sorry, but change happens - and usually for a reason. We had so many spammers before and something needed to be done. It will probably take a couple of weeks and then everyone won't even remember what the old format was like.

I find it interesting that someone with 2 posts to their name decides that they don't like this new format. Apparently the old format didn't interest them enough to post a comment there either. I'm sorry, but change happens - and usually for a reason. We had so many spammers before and something needed to be done. It will probably take a couple of weeks and then everyone won't even remember what the old format was like.

the "new" is what keeps the old going :D

The Best Thing of All about the new forum is... (drum roll please.....)

NO SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

After using the old forum for years, yep its different, and will take time to get used to. But in time this new version will be second nature too.

Having come from a 35+ yr Information Technology background, I know It took a lot of work to select, install and convert the old forum to this new one. My hats off to those that worked on this.

Hang in there my Longarm friends!

Also, if you find any tricks or tips... post them!

I love the new format. When I first started using it I felt like giving up too. But I am sticking with it. Through the others on this forum helping to learn the new and with trial and error I am quickly learning my way around and liking it better each step I make. Hang in there, things will get easier.

I'm getting used to the new format and while it is a huge change I think there are lots of bonus' especially the no spam! Now if we can get the picture limits fixed life will be wonderful! I love the "new since last visit tab" and I love that the thread titles change to bold when there is a new post to that topic since the last time you looked. That way even if you're away for a few days you can find what you've missed. I think it is a learning curve but not a huge as some changes. We'll all ge the hang of it. I think uploading pictures is easier, even though it is a double click for the end user to view them I like the new upload method. Don't forget that you can get more reply options at the bottom of this window.

I'm finding the new forum easier and easier with each day. I just feel so privileged to have this forum to come to. It makes a world of difference to me, my quilting, but most importantly the camaraderie and friendships developed over time. Stumbling around for a short period of time is really very minor. Keep smiling and persist, this will get easier. B)

I am also enjoying the new format. I haven't been on the forum much over the past year and am recently checking in more often. The new format seems pretty easy to use. The first time I came on I couldn't find the "Smiley" buttom, this was because I was on my IPAD... Tablets (IPAD) don't have the toolbar the compuiters do :rolleyes::(

Good job APQS! Job well done.

Archived