Kona Bone

I purchased mine last night through fabric.com. I also ordered other fabric I needed. My total was over $40, and I used the SNOW2013 coupon code to get 20% off the total. It was still over $35 so I received free shipping, too.

What were the colors of the other fabric you bought? for the exchange rite? found some I just loved and great prices too!!

Hi Patty, I found my at Joann's. I purchased the whole bolt. I can send you some if you would like and them you can pay me when you send your block. Let me know how much and your address and I will get it in the mail tomorrow.

Good Luck

t

I never even thought of joannes!

What were the colors of the other fabric you bought? for the exchange rite? found some I just loved and great prices too!!

I already have a lot of stash of 1800's/civil war prints so I didn't need to purchase any of that. I ordered the Kona Bone and some wide premium muslin because the price was good and I knew I would be getting the discount. The Kona Bone was only like $5 something a yard, before the discount, so it was already less than Joanns. I didn't have a coupon left for Joanns, but I saw there is one out there valid right now. Either way, I was pleased with the fabric.com prices and free shipping - I didn't have to leave my house and drive 160 miles round trip to a JoAnns. :)

Having trouble finding this particular fabric we need for the block exchange-Where did you get yours Pls name the shop-so I can buy online-The many that I have tried do NOT have the Kona Bone! :blink:

I also found this Kona Bone jelly roll auction on eBay: Auction Number: 330783338940 (seven left - this seller has a very large offering of fabrics)

Auction Title: JELLY ROLL-"BONE" KONA COTTON-20-2-1/2" X 44" STRIPS-SPECIAL PRICE-KAUFMAN

man, this is what I get for braggin' about my good deal... I was notified on Monday from fabric.com that they only had 2 2-yard pieces of Kona bone (when I placed my order there was 18 yards, so I don't know how they prioritize their orders) and I was to notify them within 24 hours if I wanted those two pieces. Otherwise they would send my remaining order out without the kona bone. I didn't see the email until today, so I guess I will be making the trip to a JoAnns afterall. Bummer.

Marci, I'm sorry that happened to you! Once I tried to purchase a fat quarter bundle from them that I REALLY wanted. With their sale price and free shipping, it was a deal I couldn't pass up .... and then they emailed to say they were sold out. When I placed my order they had a few left. Most of the time they are able to fulfill my order, so I keep going back. Hopefully your Joann's has the Kona Bone.

I always use Joann's coupons and on my phone also. I was there once with no coupon and the clerk asked if I had a phone and she got me a discount immediately using it. I never buy without a coupon! I use a lot of Kona fabric as I transfer pictures to it using my printer and they turn out so good. Transferring this way is so much cheaper than using the fabric sheets that you buy.

Not to keep this topic on top unnecessarily, but I am thoroughly scratching my head. I got the email (on Monday) from fabric.com that they did not have a continuous piece of the yardage I ordered and if I didn't respond within 24 hours they would cancel that part of the order and send the rest. I didn't see the email until Thursday and by then had already been notified of the USPS tracking info for my order. So I called JoAnns who said they had it, drove there on Friday and, alas, they did not. So I ordered online (thanks for the link, Heidi) - then the box from fabric.com arrived to my home WITH the two pieces of Kona bone yardage they said they would be canceling. :blink::angry::blink:

So I now have extra on the bone color, and I am going to put it to use using Fastquilt's picture printing idea - do you iron it to freezer paper to run it through your printer?

Archived