Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I\'m out of state for the month helping our daughter move and decorate so can\'t wait to see your block DB. Opening the stack of mail is going to be so much fun.

Thank you again Sheryl for the darling pine tree block in the tall and narrow size - so cute. It\'s great that I\'ll have so many blocks to enjoy for all my future birthdays. May we all have many more birthdays.

Our friend Cathey on the chat lost her dear friend Linda, also a quilter. It\'s tough to lose your quilting buddy. We are reminded of how precious our time on earth is and that leaving a quilting legacy means a lot to many of us.

Finishing my quilts has become a more significant new year\'s resolution. I\'m grateful to all of you who made this Birthday Block Club so valuable and fun with lasting memories to cherish. It\'s fun to read your thank you\'s and share some of your excitement. Very cool.

Vicki

Theresa sorry I didn\'t sign mine its the purple/green batik friendship star to the right

I got to fabulous blocks over the weekend from Roxie and April really nice additions! I hope to get yours out this week too. I am so close to finishing about 15 more in all to do!! 3 to who have sent to me so I promise to get those done first!

My quilt will be lovely and I am so happy people are still plugging away.

Teresa the first photo you have of the six blocks. The center block in the bottom row looks like the Hope of Heartford block I made for you, tourquoise paisly, with lavender and green outside. I never got a block back from you although at one time you were looking for my address and had acknowledged that you got my block. You can e-mail me at ackrenzel@msn.com for my snail mail.

For this trio of gifts I sent you each a personal email of gratitude. Here is the public one with a photo attached. Looks good on my pool table. Great job girls!

Thank you Teresa Taylor for the darling Package Bow at the top. Cute idea and the cat card was hilarious.

Thank you Bonnie Botts for the Christmas theme wonderful block on the left with the cute berry print fabric. Your puppy card was a treat.

Thank you Linda Fritchen for the Christmas Tree all done up in embroidered candy canes. Wow, that took a lot of thread changes to do all those. Thank you for the long note.

Think it\'s about time I put them all up on the design wall and take a look at the whole group and figure out how to unify them into one quilt. I\'ll post a photo later. Have fun figuring out yours too.

Vicki

post--13461899093667_thumb.jpg

Ami,

I did send you a block, back during the summer. It was a double pinwheel, in hand dyed brights and white. I\'m sorry if you never received it. I sent it to your address in New Mexico.

I have done another block for you and will put it in the mail today. Sorry you had to wait, but somebody somewhere got a really cool block. maybe the same person who got Jeanne\'s first purple and green one.

Archived