Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bonnie -I have heard that Cherly U(#1), Debbi T(#14) and Kathy P(#65)

all have either enough blocks already, or are too busy with other things.

I did already send one to Kathy before I found this out......

Do we really have to have them all done and out by Nov. 1st? I think I read

that someplace, as a deadline. Not sure if I will make it, I have felt really

icky for the past few days with some kind bug. My poor husband putting up

with cracker crumbs in the bed - What a good man!! ;)

LORD, I hope not....I thought we had until December 31st....if I\'m wrong I need to know now.....I was pretty sick all summer, and some major surgery, and am just now getting back on my feet....

Okay, breath....it can be done.

Thanks, Judy....I completed with Debbi, but haven\'t done Cheryl\'s yet...Kathy P I had taken off that is the one I knew about.

Hummm....I hope it\'s December 31, too. Maybe, if is was another, earlier date, we could agree to extend it to the end of the year. I know I will not begin to assemble mine until after the holidays are over (and then I\'ll procrastinate a little while longer), so the end of hte year is just fine with me.

Then I\'ll have to wait till I buy my LA so I can quilt it:) I want to do this one myself.

Sandra,

No I understood that we had till December 31st to get the blocks out.......and that I had till the next birthday in 2008 to have my quilt completed. Evidently I really messed that up good...so as of today, I need to bow out and concentrate on getting those done that I owe blocks to.

AS of 10/30/2007

I have received block from: (And owe blocks to)

Judi O, Rita K, Kate M.,Karol K., Lorrie H., Renea G., Valerie E., Susan C., Mariyln J., Teresa T., Jeanne R., Janet A.,

I have sent out blocks to: (But still haven\'t rec\'d)

Tina R.,Leslie Mc., Linda B., Sue A., Gerry M., Markita W., Stephanie G., Tina S., Sue U., Wilma D., Lisa T.

Contract completed:

Barbara G., Rona D., Ami K., Debbi T., Linda F., Roxie L., April W., Carol H., Alyn M-G., Linda C.,Norece E., Elaine E., Vicki B., Sheryl S.

I will finish those that I owe blocks to and should I get any others in the mail, but with me misunderstanding the rules I had better quit while I\'m ahead....without having the 60 days I thought I had there is NO way that I will be able to get the other 30 blocks done. Sorry!!! But I do want to make sure that those who have sent block get blocks back.

Oh NO......tell me it isn\'t so................we are suppose to have our Birthday quilt completed by our next birthday??????????. If I still am getting blocks in December and my b-day is in Feb...........I\'ll have no time. What about January babies..........how are they going to get them done?

Could we extend the deadline..............maybe pick a date/month for the Bithday Quilts Reveal for those of us that are born close to the beginning of the year. Any thoughts??? Maybe a springtime showing???

There is no way I will get my quilt done. I have sent out over 60 blocks and have received a little over 20 back so that means if everyone that sent me a block will reciprocate by the end of the year I will only have 17 days to make my quilt..................I am a January baby. Not gonna happen.............I will get it done sometime in 2008.

I didn\'t think that the date was a rule but more a guideline so that we wouldn\'t take an extraordinary amount of time to get our quilts made. If we took 2 or 3 years to make them, it would seem to me, that the excitement and comradery wouldn\'t be present the way it would if they were done sooner. Maybe some of the blocks wouldn\'t be sent out as soon if we didn\'t have a time frame to try to finish these in. Did I misunderstand?

It\'s nice to read all the week\'s chat from you guys. Earlier in the year I had suggested that it would be good to do five blocks per month and had us on track to finish by the end of November since the holidays are always so busy. That gives us December as a grace period for those who are trying to catch up to have the blocks all sent by the end of the year.

If you are running behind and know that you have certain people\'s blocks yet to send, then how about dropping a U2U and let them know that a block is coming after the December 31 date? Then give a date of delivery.

A schedule for finishing the quilts wasn\'t ever decided to my knowledge. How about taking till Memorial Day to get our quilts done? Any thoughts? I\'m sure that some folks will let blocks sit until inspiration takes hold. We all must have some UFO\'s in our stash. I\'m looking forward to seeing some quilts that come from this exchange.

I\'m on a plane for Houston this afternoon and hope to meet some of you. Rona mentioned gathering first thing Thursday morning in the APQS booth. We\'ll be there. Anyone else? Can\'t wait to be inspired.

Bye, bye. Vicki

Hi all. I did have to drop out due to my working schedule from late summer to early next year. There just isn\'t time to keep making blocks. I still have 9-10 blocks to make and I\'m hoping to have time in December to get them all done and sent out.

My kitchen is turning purple and green, so I\'m considering using some of my blocks for valances over the kitchen window and patio doors and the rest will turn into several wall hangings.

Debbi

Oh I am so excited - - I am mailing out 11 blocks tomorrow and that means

I only have 6 more to do!!! Ya - HOOO!!!!!! (oh 7 - forgot the feathered

star one......) Just the earth tones / Thimbleberries yet to do. Feels pretty

good too - hope I can finish this week!!

I received a wonderful block in the mail......but the sender forgot to put her name with it. At least, that\'s what it seems. The name is the author of the book, I believe. Or is it not? There\'s no return address, just the postage that says she mailed it from Kansas City.

I\'m stumped!!!

I absolutely love it, it\'s perfect. Wonderful sender, would you let me know who you are so I can send you one in return???

Here\'s a picture of the block.

post--13461898723187_thumb.jpg

I\'m finally getting back to these blocks after many many months away. Life just gets in the way, ya know?

So, I\'ve been trying to keep a worksheet of which blocks I\'ve done, which I\'ve received etc. and I think this is the list

Have received blocks from, and sent blocks to:

Ami Krenzel

Sue Urich

Norece Embody

Vicki Bonhoff (just sent a few days ago)

Susan Contreras (glad you got it!)

Carol Hillary

Renea Gamel

Janet Armstrong

Kate Meyers

Marilyn Jones

I owe blocks to (and am working on them!)

Rita Kilpatrick

Teresa Taylor

Jeanne Rumans

April Wright

Lorrie Houle

Leslie McSorley (I need to know your colors/size!)

Elaine Benge

Rebecca Hall-Martinez (I don\'t have your size/colors on my chart either)

I have made blocks for, but not received blocks from:

Wilma DePriest

Nita Bass

Sue Urness

Sandra Croley

Deb Treusch

Polly Holyoak (just sent)

Markita Wilkinson (just sent)

Stephanie Grant (just sent)

Kathleen Crabtree

Sue Anderson

I also am going to try to get to as many other blocks as I can before the end of the year.

that\'s all folks!

Sara

I just received a beautiful block from Sandra Darlington!! It\'s a wonderful addition to my other blocks. Thank you so much!

On a side note: Sandra\'s block envelope had been opened, cleanly slit down the side and not taped back, the inner note had been opened, and the block was stapled to the envelope. How strange is that????

I\'m wondering how many of our blocks we send are done that way, and maybe never get to the birthday girl. Has anyone else had that happen?

Bekah - Glad you like the blocks, I was going to put them together and

make one big one, but it all looked much too busy! Thought maybe you

would want to scatter them about a bit. I mailed out a bunch more that day

still have 6 more to make......

Oh - I found the perfect block yesterday for Karol!!!

Just wait until you see that one!

Thank you\'s were already sent to the top two friends but thought you\'d like to see a photo - Barbara Goodson and Carol Stanaland. Now I have two more cuties from Sandra Darlington on the left and Sara Crocker on the right. How darling are these four? Thank you for sharing your best blocks with me. The painted Santa Bunny bag is a nice touch Sara. I just bought some paints at the Houston show and want to try them out. You have obviously mastered the technique and are my inspiration.

That\'s great that the block exchange is buzzing with activity.

Vicki

post--13461898730616_thumb.jpg

When I returned from Houston last week, I had two squishy envelopes!!! Thank you Jeanne Rumans for the beautiful church (with stained glass windows, even) and to Sandra Darlington for the red house with stars in the sky. Both are great blocks, and are a welcome addition to my neighborhood.

I am way behind on getting mine finished and out, but I have not forgotten about them.

Archived