Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

Norece,

Your card came in the mail yesterday. How sweet of you! I still have just one house in my neighborhood - an outhouse! I am anxiously awaiting the mail every day, hoping to add more. I have sent 19 blocks, and will try to get some more out this weekend. I am trying to wrap up some other loose ends before going back to school on Monday.

Karol

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thank you Susan for the wonderful block with houses and pine trees. Darling fabric.

Wow, you gals are really busy making blocks. I'm so proud of the two new gals Karol and Roxie for playing catch up so well. Hope you get many blocks from our veterans of this program who have been doing such a great job.

Kate, you are ahead of me! I need to put the monthly push on and catch up to you. By the end of this month we should be at the 49 mark if you are doing them at a steady pace. I'm off to turn on my machine. Good luck everyone.

Vicki

PS here's a photo for all you purple fans. Arizona is blooming with all the monsoon rains. Thought you all deserved some flowers for your wonderful efforts.

post--13461898364138_thumb.jpg

I scanned the two blocks I've received so far. Thank you Norece, for the outhouse, and Roxie for the cool South Dakota house! Great fabric choices on both of them.

ps Vicki sent me a preview of hers, with cacti and cowboys. I'll have to check the list, and see where else blocks may be arriving from. Maybe Kate will send me an African hut.

post--13461898367845_thumb.jpg

Karol,

Thanks for the quilt block. I will scan though my patterns and see what I can come up with for house block.

Sorry I did not get this out sooner, but did not realize more names were added. My fault. All my blocks are sent out so if I missed someone or the post office fell in love with your block, let me know and I will send another one out.

Have a great day.

Carol Hillary

Norece - Glad you like it! It was the first time I tried using this ruler,

and it worked out really well! I just didn't start with

the right size squares to end up with the right size block.

The ruler is made by Lazy Girl Designs (gotta like that name!!) and is called

the "Flying Geese X 4 - No Math Ruler" No waste and no triangles to cut.

their web address is: www.lazygirldesigns.com if you want to look at it.

Once you get the hang of it, and know how to read it, boy-oh-boy - you

can really make a bunch of them in no time flat! :D

I like trying to make different blocks and such for this, it is just hard for me

to get it to be a certain size.... never fails that I forget to figure in a seam

allowance - or two or three!!

Norece, thank you for the card, glad you liked the block!

I received 2 blocks in the mail this week---whoopee!!!!!!

Thank you to Lorrie Houle and to Kate Meyers. Loved them both!

I have been really busy past 2 weeks but plan to spend part of the holiday weekend getting caught up on the next 20 to send.

I want to say thanks to Kate Meyer in Sevierville, TN for the beautiful block she made me. I just got it in the mail and it is so pretty! Looks great with my other blocks as well. What fun to get a surprise in the mail from time to time. I am really enjoying this. Thanks again. Janet

Archived