Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am finally getting towards the bottom of the list.....................I have a pile of 21 blocks finished and 13 more to sew and I am done! Whoo Hoo.

I was doing one a day then two and lately I have been cranking out 5 a day. I have been doing a few favorite blocks and that makes it faster as I have those blocks down really well now.

I did send 21 blocks a couple of weeks ago and have only heard from a handful of people that they got the blocks..............it would be nice to know that they were received.

I want to send thanks to Norece for the pretty bright block. I dont usually get the mail at my house, but Saturday I stopped because I was expecting a special card for my daughter's baby shower from a dear friend of ours. The card came and so did your beautiful block. Thank you!

Love seeing the photos and it's obvious that we're really doing well with the blocks. Maybe more of you could post your collections too.

Linda, glad you liked the chocolates that have no calories! You are going to have a girlie quilt.

Thank you Norece for your first beautiful block to me which I posted a photo. Then you sent me a second block with some fabulous templates. All those interlocking pieces are amazing. I'm going to have fun with that. I always wondered how that puzzle was put together. Thank you.

Please join me in welcoming Roxie Lutke to the birthday block group. I have all her information and those of you who are nearly done might consider making one more block please. Her birthday isn't until January so you have some time. Please write me for the updated list.

Vicki

Linda I am so glad that you found the little block. The star is called "Hope of Heartford" and I found the instructions on quilterscache.com I have been doing a ton of these for this swap because they are really pretty, fun to make and look great in a hiuge variety of combinations of fabrics.

I am down to only 6 blocks left to make but I have quite the stack of finished ones to stuff into envelopes and get into the mail. Figure I might as well mail them all together and then I am finished. I have just been doing a few a day and many times I will precut a batch of blocks and then I can just sit and chain sew.

I just was not sure which post to show these on - but it looks as if more

people are looking at this one. I have tried to email everyone as a block

came in to me - but again - Thank-you! :D I love them all!!!:)

first row: Carol Hillary, Renae Gamel, Linda Card

second row: Ami Krensel, Janet Armstrong, Marylyn Jones, Vicki Bohnhoff

third row: 2 from Teresa Taylor, Barbara Goodson, Pam Hish

post--13461898248125_thumb.jpg

These look much nicer in person, our camera and computer have about

gone "ca-put" so I hope that you all can see them better than I do!!;)

first row: Lorrie Houle, Rita Kilpatrick, Susan Contreras

sencond row: Kate Meyers and Alyn Meyer-Gravatt

I have made blocks for all of you in return. Monday I have a bunch of

envelopes here to mail!! They are for: Kate, Marylyn, Pam, Susan and Alyn.

Everyone else listed here should already have their blocks by now. I have

not heard from Janet #44 or Beth #45 on the list yet. I am finally caught-up

and will get going on more! Please let me know if you did not receive your

block.

I also mailed a block to Gerry - who knew I would still have to

fill out a customs form for such a little envelope! (to Canada)

Funny thing was - that it was cheeper than the one I sent to

Colorado!

post--13461898248264_thumb.jpg

Those look so nice together! I was going to wait until my Birthday to open all mine but I have only 7 so I opened them early, I think I could make a table topper or a pillow or two.

I know I thanked everyone earlier but they are so pretty!thank you:

Ami K

Vicki B

carol h

lourie H

Rebecca H

Kate M

Pauline H

post--13461898249203_thumb.jpg

Susan:

I'm behind on sending mine out to people, as I've heard others are. You might hold off making anything for a while. I'll bet you get others soon, counting from me. I'm sorry I've gotten behind, at first I was ahead. I've also been sending mine out randomly and also found out that some I've sent never reached the birthday girls.

Thanks Jeanne great advise, I know one of mine got lost too not bad for sending out 32! Sometimes they get jammed in the machines.

I'll keep doing the blocks maybe I will get enough to do a small cib quilt or something I do these swaps way too much to know that I will get about half of what I sent. But its a great way to use scraps and I even used some of my orphan blocks that I make and don't know what to do with.

Susan Dear - you wouldn't have too wait long for you Birthday though - - -

Happy Birthday early!! What, 2 more days?:D I could never wait! As soon

as I see that puffy envelope - it gets ripped open! Sometimes before its

even in the house!

You should get yours from me anytime now, maybe today! Hope so - hope

you like it too.... I am a bit to obsessed with worry about directional fabric.

You will see. I did not have any Civil War fabrics, so a bought a little bundle

from the LQS. Made yours and another persons. Fabrics for the Jo Morton

club they do in town.

I would also hope that we do better than 1/2 with our exchange. I am right

now finally "ahead of the game" and it feels much better this way!

Thank you for these beautiful blocks. Norece Embody, second gift at the top - I finished it and thank you for the templates (always wondered how that design went together, tricky); Alyn Meyer-Gravatt - broke my snow globe that was just like the one you put in the center, how did you know I wanted a new one?; Ami Krenzel - just wanted to show everybody your wonderful star. I think you get the prize for the most points in one block.

Glad you opened your envelopes Susan. What a nice birthday surprise.

Okay, now I'm behind too and need to do double time in July. Finished the two baby block quilts and sent them off to Linda Rech who is doing the longarm work. Can't wait to see what she does with them. Now it's time to get back into the birthday blocks and will do Alyn's first since it is the only one I haven't returned.

Good luck to all of you in getting more blocks sent off. Together we can do this! ;) Rah, Rah, sis, boom, bah, Jefferson Sixth Grade, Rah, Rah, Rah! Oops! Wrong cheer. Does anyone out there have a cheer for us?

Vicki

post--13461898251418_thumb.jpg

Archived