Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

I got two new blocks in the mail. From Kate this amazing green beauty. Thank you so much.

Fromkarol K. a gorgeous green block wwith limes ( it hinkthey are limes) and purple squares. i wll try to get some pictures taken and posted. my daugher and granddaughter just moved in so sleepless nights have added to my lateness. thank you

To all I owe blocks to, I will get them there and thank you for your patience with me. who knew that life would get so crazy.

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well I receivd two more blocks, the mail box seems to be multiplying them at night:P

thank you to Janet Armstrong for another beautiful green and blue block. I love it.

Rita K. thank you for the really bright block that fits with all of my others so well. I like th black in it.

I've received blocks from the following people. They are all beautiful. It's amazing how well they all go together.

Norece Embody

Ami Krenzel

Roxie Lutke

Lorrie Houie

Vickie Bohnhoff

Janet Armstrong

I'm working on getting my blocks out and will move everyone that has already sent me one to the top of the list. Thanks again for the wonderful blocks. This is so much fun.

Carol Stanaland

1665 County Road 123

Nacogdoches, TX 75965

Wow Rita! You have been so busy sending blocks. Thank you for my darling green Christmas tree. It's such a cute design.

Good luck Sheryl with your son's health. Hope is on the way. Many blessings.

It's great to see so much activity on the Birthday blocks. Personally I can see the light at the end with only four more to make. I'll bet that there are quite a few more of you that are getting down to the finish line too. You guys are great about encouraging each other. What a team!

Vicki

Congratulations Rita for joining the block-for-everyone group and finishing the exchange! I greatly appreciate your support for this fabulous program and am very proud of your accomplishment.

Here is the list that I have of those who have sent out blocks for everyone. Did I miss anyone? I know that there are quite a few more of you that are getting close to finishing too. Please keep me in the loop so that I can add your name. I'm three from the finish line myself and it's getting exciting. Keep stitching. Vicki

Carol Hillary

Norece Embody

Ami Kretzel

Kate Meyers

Rita Kilpatrick

Oh - I must finish-up also! Great going everybody!! Vicki - are you keeping

track also - or have they let you know if they received as many as they sent

out? or close to it anyways? I know I have a bunch to do yet - but seeing

so many of you who have finished - very encouraging!!

I am having a peachy day. My block colors are peach, pink, corals. Today I got two blocks. The one from AprilW has actual peaches in the fabric of this pinwheel block. Thank you, April. It is lovely.

fm-AprilW.jpg

And I got this cutey from Bonnie. It is paper pieced. I salute you Bonnie, PP is too hard for me. This is a beautiful block and on point it will look great with my other blocks.

fromBonnie.jpg

Those two blocks are spectacular! The peach fabric looks three dimensional and the paper piecing block is something I'd like to try. Where can I find it Bonnie? I'll bet I could draft it. Yes!

So far I have 21 blocks with my birthday still to come in December. I do believe there are some participants out there who have more blocks and probably their birthday is earlier in the year since a lot of people do tasks sequentially, starting with January and working their way through the months. I haven't kept track of quantities received by each quilter. Do any of you want to start a counting thread where we could report our numbers? I was just doing this all for fun, experience, and a chance to get to know you guys better. How do you guys feel about this?

What would be impressive is the total number of blocks made by the group as a whole. If 67 quilters all did 20 blocks average the total would be 1,340. Wow! That would definitely be a quilt for each of us. Collectively, we are a very strong group. Bravo!

Vicki

Well - I am a bit bad I guess. I am doing the blocks in some kind of order by

fabric colors and wants.... I made seperate lists of those who wanted Red,

those who wanted brights, those with warm, muddy colors, etc..etc..

Then I would just refer back to my master list for complete addresses. I

still have not heard from a few that I sent out. I will have post a completed

of the blocks I have sent out.

I sent out 10 blocks last week and haven't heard that any of them were received. I took them to the post office, so I know they went out. Just concerned that maybe I messed up the addresses on some or something. Have any of them been received? You ladies are special and wanted to make sure you got your special blocks!! Thanks!:)

Archived