Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

Guess I saved the hardest block for the end. Nita Bass wanted Feathered Star and since I had never done one before, I left it to the end, No. 67. My friend Cathey here on the chat had given me the instructions and some Christmas fabric as a gift to make my own feathered star and I had purchased Marsha McClusky's book on "very hard blocks that take a long time to make". I have a new appreciation for these stars. Now that Nita's is finished, and mine is cut out, I'll sew a block for myself.

So please add my name to the "finished-all-the-blocks" club. Part of my life and its happiness is now mixed with yours. Good luck in getting to the end. It feels wonderful.

Vicki

post--13461898516765_thumb.jpg

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, Vicki, what a block! Congratulations on being done. I have gotten 31 sent out and I am making those for Oct. that I haven't already done. I check my mailbox daily...hoping for my own squishie...have received 6 so far. This has been a great opportunity to try new blocks, but doing a feathered star???? Thanks for the photo, it may be what I need to try one of them.:)

Thank you Monika for your generous gift of a block that is actually a group of blocks making a wall hanging! The penguins in the center are so cute. Then you gave me snowflakes in the corners and beautiful Christmas borders. I'm so overwhelmed and thrilled. Thank you also for the computer square disk of designs. I'll get it converted to a circular disk to use on my computer. It's amazing how you can make Christmas/Birthday cards on your printer - so cute. You're fantastic.

Vicki

April - Glad it arrived and you like it! I also sent blocks to Roxie L., Bonnie B.,

Pam N., and Stephanie G. at the same time..... (mailed on 10-1-07 from MN)

I have not yet heard from Marylyn J, Christy W., Kathy P., Gerry M., Beth M.,

Pam H., Carlotta J., Kathy P., and Sue U. (these were sent either in Sept. or

many, many moons ago!)

Maybe I did miss it, but I am trying to keep track of everybody. I am ready

to send out another batch on Monday! I am off to put them into envelopes.

Keep looking for your "Squishy Mail"!! Please let me know when it arrives,

or if your name is listed above, and it has NOT arrived, I will make another

block and send it out - just let me know!:)

I received another house block from Carol Stanaland. Thank you very much. Now there are eleven houses in the neighborhood. I think I have sent out 30 blocks. Don't know how I will finish the entire list, but I will try my best. A few here, a few there, and soon ithe list is finished.

Karol, I don't think anybody will be upset if it takes you a while to finish the list. I still have your house block to make and the December gals.

I have received 19 blocks. I laid them all out last night, trying to decide what to do with them. I keep hoping that more will appear before the end of the year. If not I'll probably end up with two wallhangings and a couple of throw pillows.

I mailed the pile today - forgot the Post Office was closed yesterday!

Does anyone have an idea of how long they take to get up to Canada? I

sent off 3 for there today.... still have not heard from Gerry though, sent

hers a long time ago. Have not seen her posting lately either, anyone

know whats up?

Judi

Received the beautiful birthday block yesterday here in Canada! Thank you so much. I am HOPELESSLY behind with my blocks for you all & am in the process of packing to move. I will do my best once I'm settled in my new abode. Thanks.

Archived