Birthday Block Acknowledgement

SandraC

• Replies 548
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Valerie - thanks for letting me know! Hope your move goes smoothly and

that you have great weather for it...... The last time I just had to move 50

feet, from the old wretched house, into our New house, and that was bad

enough! Stuff still in boxes, 3 yrs later! Time to just get rid of it I think!!

Hi Barbara goodson, Received your block. I love the colors. I am going to have the brightest most interesting quilt in town!!!

to all of you you have so generoulsy sent me a block, I am in the process of getting them all cut out and hopefully this week I can begin sewing them.

When we started this project I was only working 4 hours a day with a 2 hour commute. shortly thereafter it turned to 6 hours a day with the same 2 hour commute now it is 9 hours a day with the 2 hour commute. I barely breath or barely look in my shop, let alone sew or quilt. this is not how I had it planned. Amazing how our life takes a turn we don\'t anticipate.

I had a grandson come to visit and he managed to take all of the blocks out of their envelopes and my daughter cleaned up after him and through all the "little pieces of paper" away that were addresses and block desires so now I have two blocks I have no idea where they came from. I have the following people on my list I have received blocks from. If you have sent me one and you are not on my list, please u2 me. I do not want to miss anyone .

Ami, Norece, Teresa Taylor, Vicki B, April, Carol, Lorrie, Rita Kilpatrick, Janet Armstrong, Kate Meyeres, Karol Kunsmaul.

Take a look at the new thread called Cat Sampler Finished. It\'s a cute quilt with cats at the top of every sampler block, then a sash is trimmed around each one. What a good idea to help merge all those different blocks. Bet some of us could use that as an inspiration for our birthday block quilts. Pick a theme like cats and tie it to each gift block. Since mine is Christmas, I could pick something in that theme like bells, holly, snow women, and help tie in all the gifts I received. Actually I saw a local quilt done with 9 Patch squares in gold and green to help unite the exchange blocks. Hope this helps you in deciding how to put your quilt together.

Have a great day.

Vicki

Susan Contreras - Thank you for the lovely house block and card you sent! I see you like the Civil War fabrics. I just bought some to make a quilt for my daughter\'s boyfriend.

I guess I need to start thinking about a layout for these blocks. Hmmmmmm.... I will have to adjust, because the sizes do vary. I am also writing names and locations for most of them. I asked that they be signed, but only a few have been.

I am having trouble finding time to finish my list. Other jobs just keep popping up, and the holidays are looming ever closer!

Thank you, Susan.

Sew Happy (Patty)

So sorry I haven\'t written you a thank you for your block...time just gets the best of me. Yeah, I was way down on the list (in the 50s) so you might not have gotten an updated list. I\'m the Africian fabric, colors, print kinda gal and I have received some beauties. I now have a total of 23 blocks.

Thanks all

Hi,

Kate Myers - Thanks for the info. I will make your block from African fabric. I got some this weekend.

I also owe a block to Barbara Goodson, but need to get to the fabric shop first...or raid my friend\'s stash:) for the right colors.

I will be mailing blocks to the following people tomorrow on my way to work:

Lorrie Houle

Janet Armstrong

Carol Stanaland

Carol Hillary

Karol Kusmaul

Norece Embody

Jeanne Rumans

Vicki Bohnhoff

and...

April Wright

I plan to send out a few more, too, but Kate\'s and Barbara\'s are next. I love looking at my blocks from all of you ladies. This quilt will be so special to me when it\'s done.

Thanks everyone,

Sandy

PS-I\'ve hinted to Santa Claus that I need a digital camera for Christmas. Hummm...maybe I\'ll get lucky, then I can take pictures of my blocks.

Archived