APQS ROCKS!!!!!

Hello,

I had some issues with my Millie that required me to pull the mother and daugther circuit boards and send them off to Iowa for repair.  Amy also helped me discover that my Mag Collar that controls the needle/up, needle/down motion needed replacing.  After being down for a little while, I am so happy to tell you that my beast is all back together and running again.  

No extra parts left over, no missing parts, just up and running.  The help I received from Service and the step by step instructions got my machine up and running again.  I am so thrilled that I was able to do this without any help from the male kind.  It took some effort to get the one pulley to move but with the help of some WD-40 and a few swear words, I got it off and the Mag Collar replaced.   After this experience, I am confident that I will be able to handle any repairs required in the future.  Beware of women with screwdrivers and power tools.

I cannot say enough about how glad I am that I purchased an APQS and for the outstanding APQS customer service.

For the first time in a couple of weeks, I am happy to tell you all that I am off to quilt.

Gail

Novi, Michigan

It is so nice to have my machine working again.  I quilted for a couple of hours, I really missed it. 

I am glad that even though I was nervous having to disect my Beast, I was able to suck it up and muster through it.  I was even trying to fix it in my dreams (yup, that didn't work very well).  To guys, it may be no big deal but my background is computers, not mechanics.  Plus I either have to go buy or borrow tools.  The instructions that Amy sent me were also very, very helpful. I just kept telling myself that I could do it and just focus on the current step.  Otherwise, it would have been too easy to get overwhelmed by what I needed to do.

Lyn, you are right, I sent an allen wrench across the room trying to budge one of those itty bitty screws, hence a few swear words.  There are days when I get so frustrated with my girl strength.  Men also seem to be able to unscrew things, etc., so easily where I cannot or they have lots of guy buddies that can help.  Heck, some days, I cannot get a darn lid off a jar.  I have friends that could and would help, but I just hate to have to ask and inconveniece someone else.

I have the smarts and can follow directions, just not always the strength.  It's hard being a girl some days.  Sigh. 

Truthfully, the APQS Customer Service is the primary reason I bought a Millie from them.  I was just amazed at the sharing and wealth of information available on this web site.  Also how many people will try and help you out on a weekend when APQS is closed and sometimes even when the machine is not an APQS longarm.  That says a lot about the people on this site and the company. 

Carol, while tearing my machine part just about scared the pants off of me, it was exciting too.  I learned a lot and as crazy as it sounds, it was kind of fun.  I have about broken my hand patting myself on the back for being able to do this.  My dad, who passed away 5 years ago, would have loved it.  He was my biggest fan. 

I am really thinking about buying two old treadles in my area, both Singers (27 and 66) and playing with them.  The 27 needs parts which are still available and the 66 has a beaten up cabinet that could use restoration.  I may be entering a new phase of collecting and hobbies.  Part of me just wants to see if I can get these old babies up and running.  I think it would be fun. 

Archived