I feel lucky...

-that I have a husband that encouraged me to jump into this.

-that my kids think it is the coolest thing and my youngest tells me to check the ahp-kwis site for help.   ;-)

-that I have friends that trust me to 'play' on their quilts

-that I have figured out some tension issues and other technical glitches (blown fuse) on my millie.

-that longarm quilting has finally made me feel connected to my community!

-that I love this!!

-that this forum always has an answer for me!

I was just daydreaming as I was doing my water meander on my kingsize quilt...feeling the groove and feeling really really lucky.  

I also feel lucky! I am very unlucky that I lost my husband 1 and 1/2 years ago to Lougehrigs disease but I am so lucky to have my wonderful family and friends who have helped me get to where I am today.  I am lucky to be able to buy my new Freedom and I love it and also to be able to do what I truly love.  Quilting is my passion and I never get tired of it and try to help family and friends learn it also.  This forum is so awesome in helping us all.  I am also a very lucky person to have met a wonderful friend right here on this forum.  Cheri and I have a lot in common and we try to help each other and I am truly blessed.  I am thankful for all of my family and friends.

I know it's corny...but yesterday as I was quilting I was just filled with joy and felt so happy to be supported and also to find something that I love.   I was in that transition period -  do I go back to work (kids are in school full time now)  or do I find something new to explore. 

Thanks for letting me share.  :-)   

Andrea, I think a lot of us can relate to how your feeling.  Nothing better than realizing you have found your passion in life and that you can even turn it into a business and get paid for the hours doing what you love. Also the freedom of working from home and setting our own hours, especially since we have kids at home, that is so wonderful.   I still have those days where I say " I can't believe I get paid to do what I love", I know I'm very lucky too! :)

Archived