Updated: Missed a Terrific Thursday this week :-(

One of my grandsons would love to play professional baseball one day. So he ties to play as often as possible. Well, he asked to play on a team he had played on last year because they had a team member that was not able to continue to play this season. The team gave him the vest but had the other boy's name and number. So his mom ripped all the off and brought it to me. Simple right?

First. Embroider the number on the front using an applique with black outlined in white. Finished. Senior moment. It was all Black! Darn tired to go over! A big mistake. Took 7 yes 7 hours to rip it out! One number.  Lined it up on the machine and turned my back! BIG mistake!!!!! Fabric rolled and stitch into the embroidery foot and ripped the vest!  Yep it did!!!!

Well, I'll do the back. Black satin with black trim. Done  LARSON looks wonderful!

How the 34 on the back. Big NUMBERS!!!  Means two hooping! 4 is done! Purrfect!  Now for the 3. All lined up ready to go! Start stitching! Darn wrong place!!! Ripped and re-aglined everything and stitched. RELIEF, IT WAS RIGHT!

Now my daughter came to look at the front and the "RIP". We decide to fuse tircot on the back and do a satin stitch over the three. Done looks darn good.  We are talking she lifts the iron for some reason. Oh no! The iron was hot and melted two holes in the 4 on the back. I cut a piece and fused it, then zigzaged around it. 

My hubby tales her not to let him wear this vast because it is under a bad spell :wacko: !!!!!

That doesn't sound like a TERRIFIC THURSDAY !   I think we've all had days like that.   

We were in the midst of the monsoons here in SE Iowa.   Roads flooded, water in basements that never had water before.   We were OK though.   We have over 7" of rain in 2 days.   Guess the drought from last year is over????    There is still water standing in low lying areas.   You would sink to your knees if you tried to walk into our garden.   Everything sure turned green and grew fast though.  DH mowed the 3 acre yard today.   

Bless you sweet girl!  We would only do such for the little ones in our lives! :wacko:  I was going to post on Thursday.  I took a pic with my phone and when I tried to post it I got a message that said, "This site doesn't take those kinds of pictures!"  Made me feel a bit icky - like it was nasty or something. 

Dang, Dell, you really outdid yourself on that project!! I imagine your grandson has no idea how much time and effort it took, but you will be rewarded immensely in his happiness to play and wear a shirt with his own name and number. And maybe one day he will make it to the big leagues. That would be so awesome! As for the "bad spell," phooey on that! It takes a lot of mistakes and hard work to get to the big leagues and that vest goes to show nothing comes easy but persistence PAYS OFF!!!  :)  :)

I've had those days...my son asked me to repair a rip around the collar on one of his favourite grey sweatshirts...I asked him to find an old grey sweatshirt so I could cut a square of fabric for the repair...i told him to put them on my sewing table...he did...I was about to get started and the phone rang...i didnt know that he also put on the table another EXPENSIVE grey sweatshirt that has a cool collar to show me so that I could repair the other one just like that...anyway...you know where this is going...I cut out a nice generous square of fabric right out of the front of the good sweatshirt...needless to say there was some screaming and yelling.....he has put a post it note on it saying ....just like this....well I didn't see it ....the sweatshirt is in my closet and I still want to do something to fix it...

Don't these problem days just irritate you??  

That was such a long-term project in time, and love.. hope he will love you for

doing such a great job.

I'm not sure, is Zach the one with his head turned, or is the coach counted in the

count to get to the 4th??    Just not sure.. Handsome bunch of kids.  Congrats to you

for having such a determined young man as a grandson. 

Maybe it would be cheaper time-wise and less frustrating, to just go out and buy a

new sweat shirt..   just a dumb suggestion. 

May the "That stuff and These days" disappear from your life.

Rita

I've had those days...my son asked me to repair a rip around the collar on one of his favourite grey sweatshirts...I asked him to find an old grey sweatshirt so I could cut a square of fabric for the repair...i told him to put them on my sewing table...he did...I was about to get started and the phone rang...i didnt know that he also put on the table another EXPENSIVE grey sweatshirt that has a cool collar to show me so that I could repair the other one just like that...anyway...you know where this is going...I cut out a nice generous square of fabric right out of the front of the good sweatshirt...needless to say there was some screaming and yelling.....he has put a post it note on it saying ....just like this....well I didn't see it ....the sweatshirt is in my closet and I still want to do something to fix it...

Oh, dear, Tella! Maybe some day you can make him a memory quilt and incorporate that cool collar in a block to make light of a sad/bad memory :).    Speaking of real bad moves, I can relate - I was altering a wedding dress (my own) for my youngest daughter.  I was working on the train, and someone came in and we talked a bit.  I had the iron above the train but as I talked I evidently lowered it down.... and continued pressing the same area..... yep, we had a meltdown - the fabric and myself.   Luckily I had fabric and wired ruffles which had been removed in the alterations.  I was able to take ruffles off, trim the train a bit, and then replace them.  I was sick about it, and still can pick out where it happened if I look at the extra seams, but no one else could tell when she was wearing it.  Thank goodness it was my own and not someone else's item.

Archived