Finished!! The Quilt That Made Me Bi-Polar. LOL*

Seriously, I don't know what I would do without you guys.  Staying home I don't get as many opportunities to meet up with other quilters and I can count on one hand how many of them have a long arm.  You all are wonderful!!!

Here is the quilt that had me feeling a little crazy earlier.  You guys were right.  I think the overall look is really good now that it's off the frame.  I really got in a good groove after about the third advance...so the first couple rows a bit sketchy, but by the bottom I was feeling really good.  I discovered I had a wound a bad batch of bobbins...there were all loose in the middle section and that's what was causing all those thread breaks!!  Fresh needle and newly wound bobbins and I didn't have a single break after that.  BOY did that make it a lot more fun!!!

UGH - I don't know why it won't let me upload the photos so here's the link to my flickr photos...sorry I know that's such a pain!!!  Anyone know why my pictures are the size of a thumbnail and it's still saying it's too big to upload??

***UPDATED*** SUCESS!!!  I got the pictures to work!  I had to use BBCode!!  Thank you Dawn!  ;)

8670011337_259a922aae.jpg

8671114458_ea8a10b32a.jpg

8671114742_b653f51430.jpg

8671114874_f111286167.jpg

8670012925_23dd0988bd.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/35957502@N04/

Super job, Valerie! I LOVE it!

Try this to see if you can get the photos to display in the post. Use the "More Reply Options" button (or on a new post it might say "More Options"--can't remember:)). You'll see an icon that looks like a small photograph of a green tree. When you hover your mouse over it it will say "image".

Go to the Flickr page that holds the image of your quilt and then copy the URL link--your Flickr page may provide you with an option to select the correct URL to "share" with other sites. (To make that easier, open another browser window so you can go back and forth between the Forum page and Flickr).

Start your post using the "More Options" version and then click on the little picture image icon. Paste the URL into the Image dialog box.

Dawn - Thank you!!!!  I tried using the img button and a link - it says "this forum does not allow that url" or something to that effect.  I have posted pictures here before, I don't know why it's giving me such a hard time all of a sudden?  

Super job, Valerie! I LOVE it!

Try this to see if you can get the photos to display in the post. Use the "More Reply Options" button (or on a new post it might say "More Options"--can't remember:)). You'll see an icon that looks like a small photograph of a green tree. When you hover your mouse over it it will say "image".

Go to the Flickr page that holds the image of your quilt and then copy the URL link--your Flickr page may provide you with an option to select the correct URL to "share" with other sites. (To make that easier, open another browser window so you can go back and forth between the Forum page and Flickr).

Start your post using the "More Options" version and then click on the little picture image icon. Paste the URL into the Image dialog box.

Valerie,

This quilt is beautiful. :wub:  Your feathers are perfect, and the swirls in the green border seem so evenly spaced. Did you mark them in any way, use a stencil? Mine always seem to get larger or smaller as I progress across the quilt.

By the way, you're being way to hard on yourself. I've had my machine 2 years and can't do as well as you are. :wacko:

Sharon thank you!!!  To answer your question, no I didn't mark my top at all.  It probably would have been wise if I had.  I honestly hate marking.  Blech.  Hate it.  There are somethings I know I HAVE to mark, but I avoid it at all costs...and many times I'm kicking myself for it. 

Valerie,

Valerie,

This quilt is beautiful. :wub:  Your feathers are perfect, and the swirls in the green border seem so evenly spaced. Did you mark them in any way, use a stencil? Mine always seem to get larger or smaller as I progress across the quilt.

By the way, you're being way to hard on yourself. I've had my machine 2 years and can't do as well as you are. :wacko:

Lynn, 

Thank you!!  This is my quilt top, but I will tell you what I would have charged if this were for a customer.  I consider this a step right below custom...I start custom work at $0.025/psi and the price increases with density/complexity of work.  This would be what I consider all over dense free hand edge to edge and I allow up to two custom borders at this price point - $0.02/psi with a $40 minimum.  I honestly don't know where I land on the pricing spectrum...some people think it's too low and some people gripe it's too high.  I have only had my long arm for around four months so I feel really comfortable with this price. 

I also just realized you were being sweet and not asking me for help on pricing!!  Duh!!  Well that's what it is, it's no secret my prices or anything.  I try to be fair and realisitc.  Thank you for your sweet words!

The quilt is just lovely,  If it is not your quilt top, please tell me that you are charging the customer custom rates for the quilting.

Lynn

Archived