Stolen Quilt

Not the thing you want to happen inyour first year as Quilt Show Convenor for your Sate.

240 judged quilts, 150 plus other special exhibit quilts,

Presentation flowed smoothly, The owner, winner of a first prize took her friends to view the quilt, Decided to wait to take pictures until the ribbon was pinned to the quilt.

Byt the time the white glovers went to pin the quilt on the ribbon it had been unpinned from the wall and stolen.

The owner is very stoic about it.  I was devastated.

So I am circulating it everywhere within the quilting world.

Name and shame!

post-2934-0-41807500-1381950839_thumb.jpg

I saw this on facebook and shared it, stating ..plz share with me, so that everyone...even a non quilter, can see this, and maybe...just maybe not even a quilter themselves will see it somewhere to help get it back to the owner!  Absolutely disgusting, why someone would do such a thing. I know it happens all the time..but..it's ridiculous!

So sad. I understand that there are many "risks" involved with shipping your quilts to places far, far away and trusting people you don't know to take care of it, ensure it is safe and hanging in shows, and hoping that security is keeping a close eye on all of the works of art displayed. It is a risk. Even though money won't cover the complete loss of time invested, I hope she had insurance to cover the quilt's value. That said, I am sure that this quilt will turn up. Most likely the quilt will be found. It's very difficult to hide a one in one million work of art. People see it, people talk. It's just a matter of time before the quilt surfaces again.

That is just sick !    How could people do such a thing.............Pretty brazen to do during the time frame, too.   That happened to our group one time.  We made a gorgeous quilt for our Women's Shelter to raffle to raise funds............it got stolen from a storage area..........We think it was an inside job, as they refused to bring the police in or put fliers out about it claiming they didn't want the location of the shelter to be publicized..........it was all a bit fishy in our minds.    

Lyn, and Linda, so sorry to hear there are such greedy, inconsiderate, liars in the quilting world.

It sounds like it might have been a member, since no one would suspect anything wrong with

a member carrying a quilt around at that time.

Give my encouragement to the owners of both quilts.  I pray they will both be found.

Oh,  not all liars are thieves but all thieves are liars.

Rita

Oye...I saw a baby quilt at the Goodwill store that had embroidery and names on it and was wondering why someone would give it away....NOW, I'm wondering if it was a lost quilt?!  shoot... 

Regarding items lost in shipping:

My hubby had a truck seat go missing from the shipping company... yes, a truck seat! the whole thing!

What I discovered in the process of trying to track it down is that the shipping companies have warehouses to store the stuff that is "lost"!  

If one can find out what the shipper was, you can "climb the food chain"  on the phone and find out where the local 'lost' stuff is stored and file a report there, as well.  It takes diligence and patience to get to someone that knows what's going on and can help, but it may be worth the effort. 

Believe it or not, when I did this, I did find another truck seat!  Holy cow!  It wasn't our truck seat, but really, how does one lose a truck seat?  lol!

really, not funny, but you have to laugh. 

I was out of work at the time, so I offered to go to work for them processing claims against their 'warehouse'....! lol! 

Archived